Position Title: Marine Assurance Advisor
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide marine expertise to the management of the offshore installation activities, selection and suitability of marine spread in accordance with project and regional marine standards.
- Participates in regular site inspections, vessel assurance and auditing task for the project marine spread.
- Monitor’s vessel performance and conformance to ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of CLIENT procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Provides support to offshore operations during critical installation activities, commissioning, and mobilisation periods.
- Leads the review and approval process for project documentation involving marine operations.
- Manages the Self Verification and Oversight (SV&O) process on auxiliary vessels.
- Following confirmation from asset team, provide return to work assurance after marine spread incident or break down.
- Review and approves Contractor and Vessel Owner marine key personnel.
- Ensure compliance of marine spread to Class, Flag, SOLAS and applicable codes and standards.
- Ensures that all marine audits and resulting actions are tracked using the company provided system.
- Ensure marine spread is manned adequately and maintained operationally.
- Ensure risks (and RAPs) related to marine vessels are mitigated through specific mitigations and action plans.
Academic / Experience requirements
- Class 1 Master Mariner or Class 1 Engineer certificate.
- At least 5 years’ experience of marine operations in offshore industry.
- Extensive knowledge of towing and anchor handling operations.
- Fluent in Azerbaijani and English.
- Proficient in computer use and Microsoft Office.
Preferred additional requirements
- DP operator certified
- OVID registered surveyor
- Performance management of Contractor marine team
- Performance management of vessel’s Owner with regards to vessel compliance and adequate manning of the marine spread
- Monitor contractor’s reporting and investigate any anomalies
- Ensure that lessons learned are appropriately considered in the selection and management of the marine spread
- Review installation contractor’s technical proposals for marine operations and off-shore spread specifications to ensure they meet the requirements for offshore installation activities.
- Create and encourage teamworking and harmony.
- Ensure liaison with vessel crew is maintained and their input maximised.
- Lead by example in HSE, Quality and open communication with team and Contractors.
- Provide input to Assurance Manager Risk Register
CV submission closing date is 22 of October 2021.
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]