Position: Execution Team Lead
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide In-Country Execution support to the BP AGT Project, based in Azerbaijan on 28/28 rotation.
Position will be offshore, or site based if client or scope dictates.
Support management in delivering a best-in-class service in AGT, based on extensive inspection and integrity knowledge and experience.
Provide detailed pro-active support to ensure a high quality of service delivery and contract compliance, whilst seeking opportunities to deliver standardization and continuous improvement to the benefit of both Oceaneering and Client.
Support in delivery whilst assuring continued operational compliance with 17020 requirements.
Actively support our Nationalization Plan, developing of Azerbaijani personnel, providing positive coaching and mentoring and supervision.
Support Oceaneering Competence system in AGT operations and maintain compliance.
Participate in internal and external auditing, technical assurance and self-verification activities to drive compliance and promote best practices.
Support Client in 8Q & 5-year execution planning.
- SPA for the entire inspection team, Flawless day-to-day support to OIE’s.
- Responsible for Technical query (Wall Reduction/corrosion findings/Anomaly Support etc).
- Responsible for Ad-hoc inspection support from the Platform / Terminal and Execution team.
- Guidance about NDT Techniques and their suitability to the execution team.
- Review all Inspection reports and endorse them prior to issuing them to a Third-party/Client.
- Responsible for Communication with Engineering Contractor as required.
- Initial Review of Work Packs from Engineering Contractor.
- The focal point for Work pack clarification with the Engineering contractor (eg; No access to test points, additional inspections requirement, ad-hoc request etc.
- Support the planning team and inspection support team ( eg: Inspection campaign duration, Scaffold / insulation request, clarifications etc)
- Work closely with Planning teams to check and advise nesting of campaigns to ensure timely completion of Mos and to minimize overdue inspections.
- Auditing the quality of anomaly reporting by the OIE’s (Checking the Anomalies are meeting the procedure requirements).
- Ensure the inspection reports are uploading to IDMS in a timely manner.
- Review /Audit inspection reports Vs Work packs (to confirm if they are satisfying the work pack / RBA requirements).
- Development and support of Nationalization process, providing face to face support, gap analysis, mentoring and coaching of local personnel and monitor effective progress.
- Provide In-country 24 / 7 presence with ability to respond rapidly to significant issues in AGT, if required, and perform required inspections.
- Mobilize to offshore platforms or Terminal if on site presence is required.
- Advise on campaign approach for Inspection activities across streams to utilize inspection resources at maximum utilization level.
- Support the Line Manager (DM) in management of Oceaneering work scope as defined in the contract with the client providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management.
- Assist with the implementation of Execution Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process.
- Ensure all work is compliant with relevant client engineering and safety standards including review of any feedback from client.
- Provide technical leadership to designated inspection discipline engineers within the team, allocating work to them within their technical capabilities and checking their output.
- Responsible for managing timely execution of defined inspection plans, coordinating with Oceaneering personnel, client and 3rd parties as required.
- Provide support as required to audits e.g. verification, client, internal, etc. Carry out periodic site audits e.g. Management visits.
- Responsible for carrying out ongoing assessments within the team as part of the Oceaneering Competency Management System (CMS).
- Experience on AGT Onshore and Offshore Facilities and BP as the client.
- Any other duties as and when required.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- UKAS RG2 Category 2 compatible (E)
- Minimum HNC or NVQ Level 4 (e.g. City & Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject. (E) Mechanical Engineering (P).
Note: HNC in Fabrication & welding or other similar subject could be considered, provided the individual has other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification.
Alternatively, IEng as defined by the Eng Council (or equivalent) through a suitable Engineering Institute (refer to RG2/ RG0 Category 2 decision workflow) (E).
- API 510 and 570 Inspection certifications (P)
- API 653 or EEMUA 159 Tank Inspection certification (P)
- ASME or CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 2 certification (P)
- Offshore medical, BOSIET (E)
- Confined Space Entry training (P)
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline (P)
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- CSWIP Welding Inspector or equivalent (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 10 years of specific experience related to the job description (E) (Note: BP contracts minimum 8 years experience)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (E)
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures (E)
- Experience of Azerbaijan BP Inspection / Integrity project (E)
- Detailed knowledge of BP AGT Offshore, Midstream and Pipeline infrastructure (P)
- Experience of working in office-based overseas rotational position (E)
- Ability to work for extended periods offshore or at site locations. (E)
- Documented experience of Strategic Planning for Client (E)
- Have working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding and codes associated with fabrication and construction of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques (E)
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring of National personnel (E)
- Ability to generate a team approach to workflow execution and problem solving (P)
- Provide leadership, co-ordination or guidance to others (E)
- Good communicator both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
- Pipeline integrity / inspection experience (P)
This position is considered office work or offshore / site based which is characterized as follows.
- 10 / 12 hours per day working depending on work location.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Execution Team Lead” in the subject line of your email.