Job Title: Pre-commissioning Engineer
JOB DIMENSIONS / CONTEXT
Absheron Early Production Scheme (EPS) is an early development phase to target a first gas production in 2022.
A new development phase is under study following the promising results of EPS well ABD-001.
JOCAP Joint Operating Company of Absheron Petroleum is managing the EPS phase through a Technical Services agreement with TOTAL for the subsea facilities and through an EPCI contract with BOS Shelf for the Surface facilities and tie-ins to Azneft Oil Rocks facilities.
Absheron development reference agreements are PSA, JOA and addendums.
ACTIVITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
The job holder’s overall responsibility is to oversee the pre-commissioning activities which will be carried out on the platform modules in order to ensure that all pre-commissioning activities are performed safely and efficiently and in line with Company objectives.
The job holder is accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within his area of responsibility, and for ensuring that required HSSE competencies are within his team.
The job holder shall:
- Ensure that safety remains the main priority, at all times, during the pre-commissioning activities.
- Monitor that all pre-commissioning activities are carried out in conformity with the project specifications and that the work is performed in accordance with industry best practices.
- Provide technical assistance to Contractor to meet project milestones.
- Monitor progress of the works and report to the Fabrication Lead daily.
- Check that the planning schedule is adhered to and report to the Fabrication Lead on any major deviations from it, and suggest solutions.
- Identify critical activities and potential bottlenecks for the progress of the works.
- Identify deficiencies and develop solutions to assist Contractor to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Monitor the management of material supplied by the contractor for the works.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with Contractor to ensure that Company objectives are met.
- Ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference.
- Coordinate daily with QA/QC Team.
- Prepare or help to prepare reports as required.
The job holder is also accountable to:
- Ensure the pre-commissioning activities carried out by the EPCI Contractor are carried out in accordance with the high safety standards of TOTAL and SOCAR
- Monitor that the quality of the Pre-commissioning activities executed by the EPCI Contractor is in accordance with Project standards
- Monitor the progress of the Pre-commissioning activities executed by the EPCI Contractor and report on any major deviations from Project planning schedule
- Comply with the Activities described within the HSE Management System
- Take reasonable care of own Health and Safety and that of Others who may be affected by their acts at work
- Know responsibilities to environmental issues in the work areas
- Each employee, at his level of responsibility, must observe all Company Rules, Procedures and instructions in the performance of his own task
As such his duties and areas of authority are:
- Follow HSE instructions given by Managers and supervisory personnel
- Assure of the safety of his work site before commencing work
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger
- Exercise such caution as is necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or to avoid pollution
- Use tools, equipment and their safeguards correctly
- Use the provided means of personal protection correctly
- Leave the workplace behind correct and orderly, upon job completion – enforce the Company Clean Desk policy
- Report any anomaly, abnormal conditions and near miss to supervisor
- Participate actively in HSE meetings, safety talks, tool boxes, training sessions and drills
- Co-operate actively in the execution of the HSE plans
Authority to suspend activities when there is a potential or actual threat to human life, the installation or the environment, and notify forthwith the responsible supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience in pre-commissioning activities in oil and gas industry
- At least 5 years’ experience with International oil and gas projects
- Strong safety and quality culture in oil and gas International standards
- Good multi-discipline coordination skill
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
Contact emails: [email protected]