Position title: Construction Vessel Representative
The Construction Vessel Representative (CVR) is key member of the operation team and is responsible for offshore management of the construction vessel. As a member of the Team the CVR will have the following general responsibilities:
• Implementing safe and efficient execution of project scopes
• Awareness and promotion of project goals in respect of HSE, cost, schedule & technical integrity
• Direction, motivation, support and leadership to project team members and contractors
• Building and leading a high-performance team to facilitate successful delivery
• Providing expert input to contractor procedures, mobilisation plans and vessel operating procedures
• The Company Site Safety Lead in-line with the Personal Safety Guide expectations and pro-actively building and maintaining an exemplary safety culture on-board the vessel
• Oversight of contractor safety performance identify trends and intervene as needed
• Assuring the contractor has received and reviewed vessel / worksite bridging documents
• Ensuring that formal risk assessments, safety meetings, emergency drills and regular work site meetings are conducted to safely perform the works scope
• Assuring contractor awareness, comprehension and compliance with the Company & contractor practices, policies and procedures and, in particular, verifying that contractor manages maximum periods offshore and working conditions for operational personnel
• Assuring all personnel, equipment, procedures and permits are in place for the offshore work-scope
• Liaison with the Offshore Representatives of other vessels and facilities in the working area and, where necessary, help or contribute to the organisation of a SIMOPS strategy and schedule
• Assuring the delivery & quality of survey activities is in accordance with the Scope of Work, the Company Technical Specifications and Project Procedures
• Carry out in depth analysis & checking of survey field reports & charts as necessary
• Offshore contract administration compliance and maintaining an accurate record of events, instructions and communications
• QC reporting of Contractor performance in all survey & operational aspects. Accurately recording/reporting non-conformances and expediting the detail for onshore assessment
• Leading the daily progress call and ensuring quality communication on safety, progress & concerns
• Assuring the quality and accuracy of the vessel daily report
• Issuing all formal site instructions / directions to the contractor on behalf of the Company
• Responsible for oversight of project completion report compilation.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in Surveying/Geomatics
- Hydrographic surveyor with a minimum of 10 years’ Offshore Oil & Gas industry experience as an Offshore Survey Representative and preferably experience in the Caspian Sea Area
- A thorough understanding of the principles and practical application of Hydrographic Survey and Acoustic Metrology applications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Project Surveyor on hydrographic surveys and/or charting surveys linked to construction work.
- Direct experience of holding a CVR position managing offshore construction
- Proven capability of building and leading successful teams
- Experience with site management activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues of managing frontline construction sites as part of a client team
- Exhibits understanding of the Company practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality
- Proactively demonstrates sophisticated decision-making and leadership skills needed to address complex stakeholder groups and issues associated with Major Projects
- Ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result
- A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Computer literate.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Construction Vessel Representative” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.