Position title: Construction Structural Engineer
This role is for the Azeri Central East (ACE) project. The Project will build a new Integrated Production, Drilling, Utilities and Quarters Offshore platform to be installed in the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan.
During the Execute phase, the role will be based at the Bayil Fabrication Yard in Baku, Azerbaijan and will report to the ACE Drilling Construction Team Leader.
- The ACE Drilling Structural Construction Engineer will be responsible for the overall delivery of structural and architectural construction across the ACE Drill Rig, with specific emphasis as follows;
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE leadership and HSE behaviours. Lead, by example, with regards to company’s HSE policy.
- Fulfil the role of ACE Drill Rig focal-point for structural / architectural construction delivery, providing ongoing technical input to Engineering & Construction Contractors during design and fabrication engineering, respectively.
- Provide oversight across all Drill Rig structural construction activities, from site ramp-up through final acceptance including Mechanical Completion Handover processes. · Actively participate in construction-related decisions; provide a discipline perspective to delivery schedules, materials availability, material delivery configuration and sequence.
- Interface with Design and Construction Contractors, to ensure structural constructability input is being actively considered and implemented.
- Input, as required, to the development and review of project documentation, including all associated fabrication procedures.
- Provide all necessary technical input to ACE Construction Execution Plan, Mechanical Completion Plan, Construction Work Package Plan (CWPP) and Construction Site Surveillance Plan.
- Support the development and implementation of project modernization and transformation solutions across the project construction discipline.
- Anticipate and identify adverse trends/events throughout the structural fabrication and construction cycle and work with the relevant parties to avoid them or achieve timely resolution.
Essential education, Educated to Degree Level
Essential Experience and Job Requirements; A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills. · Significant experience of leading structural construction, including knowledge of associated codes and practices. · Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities. · Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities. · Deep understanding of BP Construction Defined Practice for both Greenfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
Desirable Criteria: · Previous experience in similar role would be a distinct advantage.
CV submission closing date is 06th of December 2020
CV to be submitted to [email protected]