Title: Deputy Operations Manager
This position manages overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Support implementation of HSE policies and direct team on right behave;
- Implement safety techniques in accordance with international practice;
- Perform periodic site inspection and identify improvements that will benefit in production and optimization;
- Perform review SOP and modify as required;
- Direct and control of production, personal for performing high quality product;
- Train and coach operation personnel on effective techniques of work performance;
- Implement new types of product and brands, requested in Azerbaijan interior market for export, for reducing the cost of production of finished goods by implementing energy efficiency;
- Develop national heads and leads position personnel in Spheripol technology;
- Support implementation emergency response plan;
- Develop site instructions for managing effective plant;
- Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards;
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements;
- Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets;
- Support investigation for process upsets and safety incidents;
- Provide input into technical and safety training matrix;
- Support development of production plan and give instruction to leads for implementation of it;
- Support implementation minimum stock requirements for chemicals for operation, maintain stock level;
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems if required;
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization;
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department;
- Responsible for competency of the department;
- Work closely with Lab TL for product quality control;
- Support implementation of PTW and Control of Work process;
- Track record and exposure to manufacturing production environment
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards, safety procedures, regulatory rules, particularly in application of Permit to Work system
- Understanding and working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (Kaizen, SMED, 5S, etc.) and statistical process improvement tools
- Assist Operations Manager in supervising daily operations of organization.
- Develop productive, profitable and achievement oriented working environment for employees.
- Address operational issues and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Supervise operations team to ensure operational excellence and excellent customer services.
- Educate operations team on best practices, company policies and service excellence standards.
- Develop and maintain operational guidelines for staffs.
- Oversee operational cost, risk and audit activities.
- Assist in interviewing, recruiting, training, performance evaluation, promotion and termination activities.
- Determine staffing requirements, work assignment and schedules for new projects.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair works for equipment.
- Maintain the facility clean, safe and organized.
- Evaluate inspection reports and service tickets and prepare repair invoices.
- Evaluate current operational strategies and recommend improvements.
- Generate operational reports for management as needed.
- Support process to increasing the production capacity by improving performance. Oversee production control;
- Support achievement of the production targets;
- Developing new strategies to increase production with safe and cost-efficient methods;
- Ensuring that adequate safety norms are used by site personnel;
- Ensuring that the Company HSE policy is effectively implemented and that corrective measures are taken in a timely manner;
- Support develop and manage budget and operational expenses, oversee proposal development bid packages and subcontractor agreements. Provide cost and risk management;
- Building ongoing relationships with key members and functional managers within the organization;
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilized to maintain an environment of continuous improvement;
- Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced;
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organization and undertaking a recruitment programme;
- Training of staff and line managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role;
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals;
- Advanced knowledge on operation of equipment, safe start and stop of it, emergency operation condition
- Advanced knowledge of English & Azeri
- Good knowledge of Russian is preferable
- Advanced understanding petrochemical process and equipment operation
- Intermediate knowledge on maintenance of equipment
- Proven work experience as operations manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and carry out assigned jobs to completion
- Work under pressure when required and can work overtime as and when the role and responsibilities require it.
- Committed, motivated and able to achieve tasks in the required time frame
- Able to prioritize important matters and act on them accordingly
- Risk Management
- Safety Leadership
- Control of Work
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Target orientation
- Team Orientation
- High Initiative and proactivity
Education and experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industry
- Experience and knowledge of polypropylene and polyethylene production is mandatory
- Management in chemical manufacturing plant or oil and gas producing facility or onshore gas/oil processing plant
Interested candidates should follow the link below:
The above vacancy is addressed to nationals of Azerbaijan or with permanent residency in Azerbaijan. All eligible applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: July 18, 2020