Job Title: Quality Engineer/Lead
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deep-water applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deep-water intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.Job Title: Quality Engineer/Lead
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
- * Individual contributor who can work independently under limited supervision.
- * Can manages and navigate ambiguous projects with minimal support from others.
- * Experienced professional with adequate understanding of own job area.
- * Can provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope/complexity.
- Provide support and leadership to the site, proactive quality programs including DFMEA, PFMEA, COPQ reduction projects, incident investigation and waste reduction projects.
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ’s) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Develop processes that are based upon items deemed Critical to Quality (CTQ’s), and Critical to Process (CTP’s),
- Actively facilitate continuous improvement projects with a cross functional teams. Support execution and activities close out with the team.
- Ensure that internal and customer key process indicators (KPIs) are consistently met.
- Conduct quality-based risk assessments to determine the criticality of activities performed, and the competence of affected employees.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our Customer quality requirements.
- Provide support to the planning, proposal, and development process. – (risk, RFQ review, exceptions etc.).
- Review, approve and provide comment on specifications, drawings, plans and procedures.
- Understand when and how to establish requirements of gauge calibration and perform, validate measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Develop, maintain, ensure implementation, and evaluate conformance to inspection and testing plans (ITPs), Incoming Quality Control plan (IQCPs), quality plans.
- Facilitate/support external audits for site certifications verify and distributing work to BU as necessary, internal, and external audit
- Provide QA/QC support to all client projects as assigned.
- Prepare and troubleshoot corrective actions in relation to system related nonconforming events/near hits, adopting promoting and coaching robust root cause methodologies.
- Quantify, and analyze COPQ data and metrics reporting to local and global management.
- Support process monitoring and measurement processes through the development and implementation of statistical process control, where applicable.
- Ensure the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Compile and maintain detailed project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans.
- Compile and maintain detailed client specific Product Inspection & Test Plans
- Serve as Quality representative for client and 3rd party inspection site audits/meetings/visits and coordinate with Quality Control for witnessing a test.
- Utilize the SmartSolve online system to manage the fundamentals of quality assurance, provides meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Support the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Support the organization’s drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Consistently display required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning, and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs
- This position will report to the MEA Regional Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field, preferably in Quality, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering/Continuous Improvement with demonstrable evidence of systems and process improvement
- Must have working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements
- Qualified and competent as an ISO 9001 lead auditor
- Lean / 6 Sigma Green Belt certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other related systems as required for the role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Potential offshore visits if required
Work surface is stable (flat)
Please indicate the position name you are applying for and your full name in the subject line.
Please note that candidates are requested to send their CVs to [email protected]