POSITION: Service and maintenance engineer on Subsea Equipment
- Provide engineering/technical support for onshore and Offshore installation operations
- Define, manage and maintain the Company Maintenance Plan for all CPI, in accordance with Company procedures or as directed by the client.
- Support the FSC & Client in defining all loadout and backload listing to meet the demand of onshore or offshore operations. Including engineering workarounds.
- Manage the execution and resolution of all open quality notifications towards Company equipment, tools and open engineering change notes (ECN).
- Evaluate repair notifications for Company tools and equipment e.g. Subsea Control Module, Workover Completion System, Manifold and Pipeline System, and instruct on further repair actions.
- Define relevant scope of work, task lists, procedures, schematics and drawing for Company equipment and tools in conjunction with the preventive maintenance activities.
- Participate in planning of upcoming work execution.
- Execute and manage repair and modification work of Company tools and equipment.
- Be single point of contact between Company engineering product group, and any Company subcontractors, Workshops, Engineering, Projects, Product responsible and Customer’s technical representative for technical/ engineering matters and coordinate their involvement.
- Follow up of progress and status on ongoing work in Company and subcontractors Workshops.
- Define service/maintenance scope of work according to Company Maintenance Management System (MMS) requirements.
- Provide technical assistance in solving issues in liaison with Engineering, Workshops and Purchasing department.
- Follow up activities in the workshop to ensure that all maintenance history is logged appropriately in SAP.
- Participate in preparation of Variation Order Requests (variations to the CONTRACT).
- Participate in regular status meetings with managers, supervisors.
- Manage and Coordinate and participate in resolving problems listed in Company Quality Notifications and FNCRs.
- Be updated on project milestones related to completion of workshop activities and special needs.
- Be updated on Industry and Customer requirements related to Maintenance.
- Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with Contracts, Company internal and Customer requirements.
- Participate in defining Maintenance strategies for Company tools and equipment.
- Manage technical meetings, in-house and with Customers including engineering quality reporting, i.e. QN, SN, FNCR.
- Assist Field Service Manager when required.
- Manage the execution of all Route Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) that is attributed to onshore or offshore hardware / tooling failure and execute a timely resolution & reporting to not impact ongoing onshore / offshore activities.
- Manage the execution and documentation of all lessons learnt pertaining to hardware or tooling failure pertaining to the Company scope of work.
- Participate in kick off meetings performed by relevant project.
RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in oil and gas industry.
- Well experienced in relevant Engineering tools.
- Detailed knowledge of SCM’s, WOCS, Manifold and Pipeline System equipment.
- Strong understanding of Offshore Operations.
- Have in depth knowledge of SAP FMC Equipment structures.
- Ability to work independently to conduct detailed Engineering analyses, and provides recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to write technical reports and provide presentations.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, PC literate
Eligible candidates may apply to [email protected] with the subject “Service and maintenance engineer on Subsea Equipment” Deadline: 06.05.2022