Position Title: Design Manager
KEY Accountabilities Of Position:
- Coordinate the design / layout development so that what gets delivered is logical, properly accounts for the process flow, is readily able to be constructed, builds on lessons from past incidents and satisfies industry practices.
- Ensure that the final design / layout and its development complies with:
- EMS including SEAL
- Applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Customer standards
- Project requirements such as the Scope of Work and Basis of Design
- Oversee the design / layout activities (be they in 3D or 2D) by all disciplines to ensure that,
- The applicable content of the Worley Safety in Design (SID) Standards and design to meet all safety, ergonomic, economic, constructability, operability, and maintenance requirements.
- Design integrity is maintained.
- Co-ordination of the space management for all disciplines occurs.
- The design is clash free, data consistent and correct.
- Design reviews are being conducted regularly and effectively and that actions from such reviews are being properly addressed.
- Modelling meets the required model content for stage model reviews per EMS requirements.
- The project schedule and milestones for the design are met.
- Progressing of the design by designers is occurring meeting required model content for stage reviews.
- Change management is applied to the design.
- Liaise with designer from all disciplines to ensure design interfaces are managed in following areas (as relevant);
- Between disciplines.
- Between Worley offices.
- With and between external 3rd parties.
- Above ground to below ground.
- Resolve layout and design issues as they arise
- Support the associated procurement, contracting, construction and construction strategies and processes to ensure that project requirements are delivered on time and within budget.
- Attend project meetings as the representative for Design
- Where required, prepare or assist in the preparation of project documentation such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules, and reports.
- In conjunction with the owner of the resources in the Location, identify and manage design resources and competency requirements of the team. Arrange training for design resources where needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and other Worley’ personnel as required by the project.
- Interface with Systems personnel to ensure that the design systems are properly set up and maintained for the project
- Provide Global Support to the office for the Global Design Engineering Systems software being used for the Baku projects
- Oversee the training development for project staff that will be updating or using the design system.
- Coordinate with iM Services with regards to available and suitable infrastructure, workshare execution, Database Management, system performance and system automation opportunities requiring programming.
- Demonstrate commitment to Zero Harm through regular actions and courageously speak up if work is being performed unsafely. Consistently apply Life and HSE Standards.
- Lead and manage the design team, motivate them and manage their performance.
- Take accountability for own development and support the learning of others in areas of own experience by providing support to them as they are learning.
- Take initiative to get things done and do things before being asked by others.
- Apply standard procedures and processes to consistently deliver individual and team goals.
- Actively demonstrate Worley values and beliefs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by the leadership team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Job Specific Competencies:
- Highly effective people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Highly effective management skills including the ability to plan, set goals, manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Experience in leading and managing design projects and teams in the relevant discipline.
- Qualification Required: A recognised design qualification in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Approximately 15+ years with substantial design and drafting experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Design software
- Experience in 3D design (PDMS & E3D)
- 3D HUB and Satellite coordination, management and troubleshooting
- Able to balance between guarding risk and providing empowerment that allows people the flexibility to deliver outstanding results.
- Can hold team to account for their performance.
- Work collaboratively across the business to deliver shared objectives.
- Build credibility and value-added relationships with stakeholders and leverage these to influence decision making.
- Able to work effectively in small to medium multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within team.
- Able to present information to diverse audiences.
- Can listen and ask questions to ensure audience understanding.
- Able to use effective cross-cultural communication skills.
- Support change initiatives.
- Ability to manage virtual teams
- Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative EDS work methods and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
- Understand design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- 15+ years’ experience in Engineering design, using CAD Systems and Software
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering Design Systems management.
- 15+ years’ experience in Engineering design utilising 2D and 3D CAD Systems and Software Specifically with extensive knowledge of the AVEVA PDMS / E3D software, Autodesk Software and Bentley Software.
- 5+ years’ experience with utilisation of LFM Data interface
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised diploma in the relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
Preferred: Qualifications in the relevant discipline with qualifications or equivalent experience, desirable with PDMS / E3D
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Design Manager” in the subject line of your email.