JOB TITLE: Hook-Up and Brownfield SENIOR PROJECT Engineer
JOB DIMENSIONS / CONTEXT
Absheron Early Production Scheme (EPS) is an early development phase to target a first gas production in 2022.
A new development phase is under study following the promising results of EPS well ABD-001.
JOCAP Joint Operating Company of Absheron Petroleum is managing the EPS phase through a Technical Services agreement with TOTALENERGIES for the subsea facilities and through an EPCI contract with BOS Shelf for the Surface facilities and tie-ins to Azneft Oil Rocks facilities. Absheron development reference agreements are PSA, JOA and addendums.
ACTIVITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
The job holder’s overall responsibility is to assist BOS Shelf Hook-up / Brownfield manager in Preparation, monitoring all Hook-Up related preparation, including Pre-comm activities related to the Hook-up of the new platform and its Tie-in of the Oil Rocks Receiving Facilities and ensure that all is performed safely and efficiently and in line with Company objectives.
Within the course of the project and according to the need, the present job description may be amended to comply with the project development and ensure final delivery.
The job holder is accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within his area of responsibility.
The job holder shall:
- Ensure that safety remains the main priority, at all times, during the Hook-Up & brownfield activities.
- check that HSE practices are acceptable, that proper measures and procedures are being implemented by everyone concerned, and that all risks are evaluated and planned for by the Contractor
- Ensure that all related resources for the Hook-Up and Brownfield campaign are dully prepared.
- Monitor that all HU related Preparation and Installation is in conformity with the AFC drawings, isometric, and the project specifications and that the work is performed in accordance with industry best practices.
- Ensure that all Job Cards PROJECT related are duly approved and reviewed on time prior the Hook-Up phase
- Ensure that all Hook-up & brownfield PROJECT related preparation works are duly performed (including the Warehouse and stock preparation identification of the equipment’s and tools needed for each single task)
- Provide technical assistance to meet project milestones.
- Monitor progress of the HU related works and report to the Hook-up& brownfield Manager daily.
- Monitor that the work is performed in accordance with industry best practices and project specifications
- Monitor that HU related construction equipment, personnel and other resources are sufficient and mobilised and demobilised in good time
- check that progress achieved is in line with plan (that revised planning, if any, are compatible with project objectives)
- monitor that quality is acceptable with regard to contract requirements
- assess subcontractors’ performance (with regard to safety, quality, efficiency)
- Focus on the early identification of potential problems and to propose appropriate solutions to the Hook-up / Brownfield team in order to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Iidentify critical activities and potential bottlenecks for the progress of the works.
- Monitor the management of all HU related material supplied for the works.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations between COMPANY and CONTRACTOR to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference.
- Ensure strict recording of man-hours spend per job card and work.
- Prepare or help to prepare reports as required.
- Ensure that Project management priorities are strictly adhere to ensure fastest RFC readiness.
- Identify in advance all logistic impact related to the Hook-up Activities which may impair the schedule
- Ensure proper tracking and follow-up of all Pre-com Punch list closure
- Provide technical assistance to Pre-Commissioning teams
- Comply with the Activities described within the HSE Management System
- Take reasonable care of own Health and Safety and that of Others who may be affected by their acts at work
- Know responsibilities to environmental issues in the work areas
- Each employee, at his level of responsibility, must observe all Company Rules, Procedures and instructions in the performance of his own task
As such his duties and areas of authority are:
- Lead by example philosophy by at minimum ensuring at minimum twice a day a daily swipe of the area for hazard identification
- Follow HSE instructions given by Managers and supervisory personnel
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger
- Exercise such caution as is necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or to avoid pollution
- Use the provided means of personal protection correctly
- Leave the workplace behind correct and orderly, upon job completion – enforce the Company Clean Desk policy
- Report any anomaly, abnormal conditions and near miss to Engineer
- Participate actively in HSE meetings, safety talks, tool boxes, training sessions and drills
- Co-operate actively in the execution of the HSE plans
Authority to suspend activities when there is a potential or actual threat to human life, the installation or the environment, and notify forthwith the responsible Engineer
- To ensure the Hook-Up of the new platform and the Tie-in of the Oil Rocks Receiving Facilities by EPCI Contractor is carried out in accordance with the high safety standards of JOCAP
- To monitor that the quality of the Hook-Up and brownfield related activities executed by the EPCI Contractor is in accordance with Project standards
- To monitor the progress of the Hook-Up and brownfield related activities executed by the EPCI Contractor and report on any major deviations from Project planning schedule and Contractual requirements
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong safety and quality culture in oil and gas with International standards
- At least 10 years’ experience with International oil and gas projects and some past experience within a project management team
- At least proven experience with Hook-up activities in oil and gas industry
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Strong safety and quality culture in oil and gas International standards
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Hook-Up and Brownfield SENIOR PROJECT Engineer” in the subject lineof your email.