Job Title: Subsea Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineer
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations. We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world. Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
For more information, visit Worley.com.
Role Outline/ Responsibilities:
Shall have full technical responsibility for interpreting, organising, executing and coordinating geotechnical aspects of projects and technical assurance. Geotechnical focal point. Applies extensive experience over broad areas to ensure technical quality of work and efficiency of approach. Works as Senior member in team providing leadership and direction. Frequently is the representative for Worley in client meetings.
• Able to write specifications, design philosophy documents and technical reports, including Offshore survey specifications
• Numerical modelling in offshore geotechnical engineering.
• Soil data interpretation from geotechnical site investigation reports as well soil parameters determination for various subsea designs, pipelines and structures.
• In depth knowledge of all onshore and offshore geotechnical investigation. Familiar with geotechnical investigations for offshore pipeline installations in shallow and deep waters.
• Geotechnical survey, soil testing and soil characterisation.Foundation design – Mudmat, Driven pile, Suction Pile, including in-place fatigue assessment.Excellent knowledge in Pipe-Soil Interaction modelling.
• Trenching assessments and analysis. Familiar with Subsea trenching equipment and data interpretation.
• Geohazard identification and interpretation; risk assessments
• Good commercial awareness.
• Strong HSE awareness.
MSc in geotechnical engineering or soil mechanics
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate and technically review reports.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply sending their resume via
[email protected]. Please indicate job title “Subsea Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineer” in the subject line.