Job Title: Senior Mechanical Repair Technician
Ref Number: T2000393
As a Senior Mechanical Repair Technician you will be responsible for Disassembling, inspecting, rebuilding and testing various NOV Rig technologies Equipment. You will support, improve and lead on-time assembly & testing of Equipment as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving. As Senior Mechanical Repair Technician you will carry out work which is task- or project- focused requiring limited discretion or independent decision making. You will utilise your previous knowledge to complete a wide variety of assignments/ tasks of increasing complexity. The work you will carry out will be increasingly complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Be proficient with the use of engineering measuring tools – Micrometres, Vernier Gauges, Dial Indicators.
- Carry out work instructions as given by Supervisor, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
- Complete Facility maintenance tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure all job-related QA Plans, Work scopes, Route Cards, Inspection Reports, Test Reports and Build sheets are filled out as the job progresses.
- Conduct equipment Testing / FATs in accordance with NOV procedures.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality
- Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety and escalate concerns.
- Carry out trouble shooting of Equipment / Systems and be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone / 5Ys etc.)
- Support all Non-Conformance Reporting.
- Attend daily team brief meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Willingly assist Supervisor to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Report discrepancies in job procedures, processes and route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Supervisor and implement changes when requested.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Supervisor.
- Accountable for the correct movement of job components through the workflow process ensuring items are staged in designated areas at all times.
- Operate designated machines safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Actively take part in the company competency program.
- Demonstrate awareness of company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping (clean, safe, a place for everything & everything in its place) in your allocated areas at all times
- Promote and adhere to health and safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Time served apprenticeship or 7+ years’ experience in mechanical assembly or repair environment.
- Working knowledge within an oil & gas, heavy plant, factory machinery or mechanical aerospace environment.
- Working knowledge of Pressure Equipment
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic systems
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficient in both written and spoken English
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher education in a relevant subject
- Pressure testing Experience
There is a preference to hire a local candidate or a candidate who have the right to work in Azerbaijan for this role.
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
Interested candidates should follow the link below: