Company: AZFEN Joint Venture
Position: Welding Engineer
Reports to:QA/QC Manager
- Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles: Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex postheating requirements.
- Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
- May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Degree in Welding Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of previous experience in Welding Engineering
- Licensed Engineer from verified international bodies (IWS, EWS and etc.)
- Solid leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Computer literate