Position Title: Offshore Asset Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure marine installation contractors provides correctly engineered solutions for required upgrades, reactivations and operation of marine vessels
- Liase with Project Programme Managers to ensure upgrades and reactivations are suitable for the offshore execution requirements
- Monitor Contractor’s activities during Scope of Work generation and CTR development
- Participate in overall bid evaluation process for contract award
- Monitor contractor performance and ensure all contractual requirements are complied with
- Perform effective interface between Company contracted equipment suppliers and Contractor
- Report regularly to senior management on the progress of works and any issues
- Ensures that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of CLIENT procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Ensure all project risks are identified, plans developed and executed for their removal or reduction
- Evaluate performance of contractor and sub-contractors. Provide constructive feedback and intervention as required through oversight activities
- Integrate with contractor Asset management team to ensure transparency with respect to safety, progress, schedule, quality and cost
- Provides guidance, advice and training to project team, contractors, and third parties as required to ensure understanding of the vessel upgrade, reactivation and operation objectives.
- Continuous interrogation of schedule to ensure opportunities to maintain schedule are realised
- Assist contractor in re-scheduling activities or scope in order to maintain project schedule
- Review the contractor’s engineering deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Monitor timesheets of Contractor Engineering team to ensure no overspend and an effective output
- Liaise directly with Company Safety, Quality, Cost, planning and management team to provide feedback in respective areas of interest
- Assist Contractor with Technical Queries related to upgrade and reactivation works
- Be focal point between CLIENT Marine Asset department and installation contractor on mechanical matters
Academic /experience requirements:
- At least 8 years successful track record of upgrades on vessel mechanical systems including FEED and detailed design, installation and commissioning of marine power plants, mission equipment, propulsion and DP control systems
- Knowledge of current Class requirements and international marine standards
- Experience of managing large cross discipline projects and leading teams of specialist engineers / vendors
- Able to perform FMEA, HAZOP and HAZID studies
- Knowledge of CLIENT internal processes, project controls and standards
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Develops the safety and risk management skills of the Marine Asset team.
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities
- Familiar with site construction activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator (written and oral).
- Tactful and persuasive
- A Team Player
CV submission closing date is 25th of July 2021. CVs to be submitted to [email protected]