Job Title: Project HSE Team Lead
Reports To: HSEQ Director
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
The Project HSE Team Lead is accountable for planning, coordinating and delivery of all HSE activities within the defined area of responsibility. This role forms part of the local Project Management Team and will act as focal point for HSE matters and liaison with the wider HSEQ team to ensure the timely provision of HSE support to projects.
• Manages all HSE activities on projects within the specific country/project, providing assurance to the Project Management Team and to relevant authorities / regulators in respect of HSE compliance (in conjunction with the VP Country and Country Projects & Operations Manager).
• Provides input into country policy in accordance with the company’s overall HSE strategy and acts as the HSE expert for the Country.
• Prepares and aligns Project HSE deliverables including the HSE Plan with Company objectives and systems.
• Contributes HSE input and expertise to major bids and projects in the country.
• Supports the execution of Company audits and manages the Country audit plan, ensuring delivery to schedule and management of close out.
• Manages key customer HSE relationships within the country.
• Monitors and supports the Country and Project Management Team with implementation of the management system.
• Develops, controls and implements requirements of project HSE documentation – Project HSE Plan, Risk Register, SMS Interface Document, country specific HSE guidance documentation, Emergency Response Plan, risk management documentation.
• Oversees delivery of HSE induction training to new starts and maintains Project HSE Training Matrix.
• Supervises, co-ordinates, monitors and reports on Project and Country HSE performance.
• Incorporates ‘lessons learned’ into project planning and liaises with Knowledge Management.
• Ensures high HSE visibility throughout the life of the project – screening phase through to the completion phase.
• Liaises with Project Management Team to ensure HSE attendance at key internal and external project meetings.
• Manages the Project Risk Management activities including the application of processes such as Hazard identification and Risk Assessment meetings and control of the associated Project Risk Register.
• Chairs and facilitates risk management meetings – HAZID / HIRA / TRA.
• Liaises regularly with internal stakeholders such as engineering and diving technical authorities to ensure expert engagement and support to HSE matters.
• Develops and maintains the Country HSE regulatory compliance plan.
• Implement, monitor and report on Project performance against Company and Project HSE targets.
• Participates as required in incident and near miss investigations and provides support to the Project Management Team with the investigation and associated reporting.
• Undertakes worksite inspections at Company and third-party worksites and provides feedback on observations.
• Provides operational HSE support to mobilisations and demobilisations including observation of safe practices and coaching of internal, subcontractor and third party workers as required.
• Assists subcontractors and third parties in understanding and complying with Company requirements including applicable elements of the Business Management System.
• A minimum of twelve years demonstratable work experience at an equivalent level in the offshore environment is essential.
• Required to know the Subsea 7 policies and systems.
• Professional qualifications – degree qualified in HSE related subject or equivalent preferable.
• Must have experience within the oil and gas industry, preferably subsea.
• Professional qualifications in HSE discipline.
• Trained in Root Cause Analysis such as ‘TapRoot’.
• Demonstratable technical knowledge of the offshore oil and gas engineering industry.
• Understanding of Health & Safety Legislation and Regulatory bodies.
• Knowledge of International competency requirements for Offshore Oil and Gas Operations within the contracting industry (IMCA).
• Working knowledge of ISO Standards relating to Health, Safety and the