Position: Site Lifting Coordinator
- The authorization of all lifting plans and risk assessments for all categories of lifts, supported by the Lifting Technical Authority and Mechanical Handling Contractor’s (MHC) technical support engineer as appropriate. This includes ensuring that it is clear who is in charge of specific lifting operation.
- Ensuring that all personnel involved with any lifting operations on the site have proper training and are assessed as competent to SSOW standards and that a register and documentation of such personnel is maintained on the installation/site. This includes resident site personnel and any ad hoc personnel. The person must also have an in depth knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, standards, company procedures, health and safety aspects, and industry best practice.
- Manage and control the rigging and lifting loft inventory
- Have a knowledge of regulations, standards, codes of practice and company procedures applicable to work which you control and ensure that they are complied with.
- Ensure that no employees are exposed to any hazardous substances or environments without suitable and sufficient controls/protection being in place.
- Where these exist but are beyond the Company’s control, before allowing work to proceed, obtain documented evidence to ensure that the Client or the controller of the premises has carried out all necessary precautions.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and proper manner and in compliance with relevant risk assessments, method statements, permits to work and any specific site safety requirements.
- Ensure that all lifting appliances, lifting gear and other equipment has undergone statutory tests and examinations and that all mandatory documentation is in order before use.
- Ensure that electricity supplies are installed, modified and maintained in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure that fire protection measures are provided and maintained and that all employees are made aware of the emergency procedures to be followed in the event of a fire. (Where these facilities have been provided by others, ensure that they are suitable and sufficient).
- Do not allow work to proceed without all necessary documentation/permits/certification being present within the work pack for the job.
- Ensure that all work is adequately planned to allow the work to progress in a safe and efficient manner.
- Sould have Accredited to (Rigger Level 2 EAL or Level 3 ECITB / CITB/ OPITO) plus LOLER Appointed Person or Accredited NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- 2-3 years work experience in similar role
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English in upper intermediate level
- Appropriate knowledge of computer programs
- Ability to write lifting plan
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply by sending your CV to the address: [email protected] indicating position name in the subject.