Job Title: Quality, Health & Safety and Environment (QHSE) Coordinator
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the QHSE Coordinator is accountable for coordinating safety and quality processes. The Coordinator is accountable for quality inspection, audit, as well as reporting non-conformance and implementing improvements as applicable. In addition, the position provides support for the HSE function, including investigation and reporting functions as well as risk identification and mitigation.
Quality Program Responsibilities
• Establish visible Quality presence on the manufacturing floor, and provide support
• Provide/develop/track training on QMS and other
• Accountable for all Quality reporting and verification
• Coach and mentor employees on originating non conformance reports
• Promote quality reporting at their locations
• Champion corrective and preventive action reports
• Continuously upgrade product and standards knowledge
• Verify & record corrective actions arising from audits and product inspections
• Review Quality Records and maintain quality statistics
• Perform incoming inspections & quarantine non-conforming materials (as required)
• Perform inspection and testing of in-progress products
• Strive to improve inspection and test methods
• Communicate with supply chain, quality control, and other internal departments (e.g.: engineering) to evaluate and resolve quality issues
• Approve finished product by confirming specifications and conducting visual and physical inspections
• Conduct internal quality audits and sommeri audits findings in summary reports
• Conduct quality management reviews to ensure that the provisions of the QMS and its effectiveness are reviewed; ensure all improvement opportunities have addressed
• Assemble, install, utilize, and maintain testing equipment including measuring tapes, micrometers, ultrasonic thickness gauge & scales
• Record, review review and and report on the results of testing, inspections and audits
Health, Safety & Environment Program Responsibilities
• Establish visible Safety presence on the shipyard / workshop / vessel floor, and provide support
• Conduct and coordinate regular on-site inspection to audit physical conditions and safe work practices
• Ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements
• Coordinate and verify the work progress as per the relevant specifications and our company’s environmental systems.
• Inspect the various sites for environmental compliances.
• Find out potential environmental risks and design for mitigation plan.
• Coordinate Safety training for all employees
• Support safety reporting at their locations
• Champion corrective and preventive action reports
• Continuously upgrade HS&E standards knowledge
• Identify hazards and potential risks
• Assist operations staff with the elimination and/or mitigation of hazards
• Help facilitate Risk Assessment / JHA and review
• Advise site leadership on QHSE related matters and intervene on unsafe acts and potential violations of QHSE practices
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis Investigations and collaborate with production for the assignment of corrective and preventive action
• Participate in incident investigation of on-site accidents, injuries, and property damage and assist with the preparation of reports
• Keep updated documents which enclose regulations and environmental policies
• Work with cross-functional groups to maintain monitoring programs and environmental management.
• Determine areas of improvement to lessen environmental wastes and damages.
• Develop contamination control programs to reduce hazards and accidents.
• Demonstrated knowledge of plant management and production control principles, methods of controlling and enforcing quality production standards, and health and safety requirements
• Ability to read and interpret production drawings/specifications
• Understanding of basic geometry combined with strong mathematics and blueprint reading
• Ability to identify, evaluate and describe defects in incoming/in-process products
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Team player, with strong communication skills
• Basic computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft word, excel and access
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including afternoon and night shifts, and the ability to travel occasionally out of town for field work
• Ability to conduct testing at heights and within confined spaces
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
• Possess in-depth knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001, API Q1/Q2 Specification
• Ability to work dynamically in various work environments
• Proficient knowledge of required environmental statutory assets, environmental requirements and laws.
• Must be proficient in English and Azerbaijan languages.
Education and Experience:
• Diploma in a quality-related field is essential (Bachelor’s degree is preferred)
• Quality Assurance Certification would be considered an asset
• Minimum of two (2) years previous Quality Assurance experience within the Marine, Dockyard, Shipyard and Ship Repair Operations.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in HSE within the Marine, Dockyard, Shipyard and Ship Repair Operations.
• Familiarity with raw materials, components and manufacturing process
• Experience in a composites environment would be considered an asset
• Proficient at conducting quality control measurements, tests and inspections
• Lean Six Sigma Certification would be considered a plus.
Employment Terms: Full time (3 months probation)
If you are interested in this position and have the skills and experience, please send your CV to Operations Team [email protected] We thank all those who apply, however only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted.