Position: Technical Buyer
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring Spare Parts are purchased utilising purchasing requisitions and NOV CPO requests which flow through the system, and will utilise your collaboration skills in liaison with peers and key stakeholders to solve problems, improving performance to achieve the purchasing KPI’s and internal customer expectations, and ultimately, customer satisfaction. Key to this role will be your ability to review and prioritise on an on-going basis, confer with key stakeholders to determine progress of orders and completion dates; and checking reports for progress of purchase orders. By enhancing the requisition/purchase order flow together with your appreciation of the customer deadlines you will have success in turning customer-driven requirements into profitable solutions in line with our business strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Order, expedite and facilitate the ordering of parts/good/services to and from the various departments according to requirements from CPO, Requisitions and internal Requests for Quote.
- Ability to read and interpret Drawings with regards to material, specs etc.
- Confer with vendors to determine status of overdue orders and inform Requestors. Upkeep of applicable internal KPIs and metrics
- Confer with other department supervisors and personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Provide a seamless/cooperative interface between the internal customers’ requirements and the vendors
- Liaison with departments such as Inside Sales, Repair, Rentals, Service, Engineering, Accounts, Warehouse and Shipping to ensure fulfilment of the customer requirements.
- Confer with key stakeholders, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and delivery activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays
- Maintain communication with customers informing them of delivery schedules
- Ensure all departments involved in an Order/Enquiry (e.g. Planners, Administrators, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Purchasing and Accounts) are aware of the requirements of the Order/Enquiry in a timely manner, utilising the Companies ERP system and meetings as required (e.g. Team Meetings etc.)
- Monitor customer issues, feedback, deadlines, and deliverables and ensure customer issues are handled effectively and quickly, escalating to line manager when needed
- Carry out any other reasonable duties when requested by line manager
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher education in a businesss related subject
- CIPS certificate
- Working knowledge within a buying environment
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes, QA requirements, costs, and other techniques for maximising the effective procurement of goods and services
- Working knowledge of technical drawing interpretation
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Working knowledge of Material Specifications etc. required to interpret requirements
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- CIPS certificate
- Relevant experience within Oil and Gas
We welcome your application via the link to NOV’s career page https://www.nov.com/careers/where you can submit your CV and further details about your experience.