POSITION TITLE: Construction Coordinator – Project Construction Focal Point
REPORTS TO: Construction Manager
Major Accountabilities Of Position:
- Manage, develop and support the Contractor / Vendor processes at both Project and Corporate level in a safe, structured and cost-effective manner.
- Manage, develop and support the front-end Engineering for Projects, FC and Vendor scopes.
- Accountable for Project and site interface at Construction Leadership level and Facility Contractors.
- Accountable for management of the site-based Construction teams, Facility Contractors and interface with site-based vendors and Client based team.
- Accountable for ensuring all Contractors activities are carried out in accordance with Client and Project company procedures in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Accountable for the delivery of Contractors activities in accordance with the Project schedule and budget.
- Accountable for ensuring a high standard of Contractor / Vendor activities are maintained and continuously improved.
Key aims and objectives
- Ensure all Client / Company / Project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure all Contractor / Vendor supervision / personnel at both Project and Client levels are aware of / implement safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Ensure a high standard of Contractor Site Construction capability at both Project and Client levels, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Contractor / Vendor activities, delivering best practices at all times.
- Manage, support and develop all site-based Contractor Construction Supervision and Contractor / Vendor personnel
- Maintain and deliver Project Construction activities within budget, and where applicable implement cost saving initiatives.
- Ensure a safe and effective Permit to Work system is in place for all Contractor / Vendor Construction activities.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Support day-to-day Contractor activities / Supervision in the safe and structured delivery of work scopes and processes, ensuring all applicable Site / Client safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with teams.
- Provide support and training to Contractor personnel, ensuring personnel are competent and possess the required skills to support general construction Refinery modifications / rectifications works.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in Refinery Works inclusive of isolation requirements, inspection, cleaning, inspection reports, vendor method statements and Engineering rectification work scopes.
- Actively participate and drive Client and Company Project safety initiatives.
- Constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget.
- Study, assess and verify all Engineering drawings, specifications and instructions and escalate any issues identified.
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to as well as all Client / Company systems of quality assurance.
- Compile and Review Construction Project Work packages in line with detailed Engineering, compilation of Job cards in JMS, Method statements, Bill of Materials, Vendor information and all Project construction planning requirements.
- Review Construction E&I Project Work packages in line with detailed Engineering, compilation of Job cards in JMS, Method statements, Bill of Materials, Vendor information and all Project construction planning requirements.
- Primary role will be Project Construction Interface with Engineering and Site Execution team.
- Will be required to mobilize to site to oversea and manage site execution work via Facility Contractors and Vendors.
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc. required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- Manage the mobilization and de-mobilization of Contractor / Vendor resources to meet schedule requirements.
- Liaise with Project / Contractor Management / Contractor Supervision to identify and deliver early Construction Project gains.
- Monitor and report Contractor / Vendor Construction progress on a regular basis – daily, weekly, monthly and escalate any issues / concerns.
- Review and agree the overall Contractor / Vendor Construction schedule, including Sub-Contractors’ schedules and escalate any issues identified.
- Audit Site / Contractor Construction activities on a regular basis to ensure compliance with Client / Company Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with Contractor Management and site Client representatives. Be fully familiar with their methods of construction, scheduling and procedures to resolve any apparent conflicts and ensure they are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Contractor that an authorized instruction has been provided.
- Authorize or refute all Contractor claims for delay, waiting time or abortive work.
Allied occasional duties
- Deputize for the Construction Lead / CM for Project Activities.
- Input and confirm Facility Contractor competency processes, procedures and personnel.
- Provide Contractor Construction Site interface support to Engineering Function and Project team
- Development / Reviews of Site Contractor / Vendor Construction Supervision.
- Continual review and assessment of Contractor / Vendor Construction activities.
KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Qualifications / Training
- Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- Recognized Site discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with knowledge of Project Construction practices and procedures.
- IT Literate with experience in management databases. (Word, Excel, Visio, Projects and JMS)
- HNC in an Engineering related subject or Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Onshore Safety Passport.
- Management NVQ level 4 / 5.
- Basic understanding of Project tendering / estimating process.
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or position in Construction Coordination.
- Demonstrable experience in similar office and site-based role.
- Experienced in Construction delivery role both office-based Engineering / Construction packages and mobilizing to site to support execution of all Project Construction activities
- Experienced in site Contractor Management.
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving Project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times.
- Good knowledge of the Construction processes, including implementation and management. Fully conversant with Project Management tools.
- Experienced in the management of Contractor Supervision and all aspects of team working.
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Committed to develop Construction team members.
- Able to interface and interact with Contractor Management and Client Representatives at all levels.
- Good understanding of construction Estimating processes.
- Conversant with HR practices / processes.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Flexible / able to comply / adapt to Company / Client requirements.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of Client / Project / Company goals.
- Able to interact with Management / personnel at all levels – committed team player.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team – good attitude to continuous improvement.
Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Competencies – Generic
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel.
- Able to demonstrate high level understanding of HSEQ safe working practices / procedures and their implementation.
- Able to react to changing deadlines and achieve Client / Project / Company goals and milestones.
Able to manage and maintain Client / Project / Company schedule requirements.
Competencies – Technical
- Able to interpret Project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of P&ID’s / SLD’s etc.
- Fully conversant with technical documents and procedures covering all aspects of the Construction process and management
- Able to compile accurate data and produce detailed construction reports.
- Good understanding of Construction management software.
Good experience of Construction related activities.
Project Specific Requirements
- Fully conversant with local content development and willing to encourage his team
- Good understanding of the local labour market and that of the Contractors Supervision and trades personnel
- Fully understand his role within the EPCm contract
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Construction Coordinator) in the subject line of your email.