Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: Master’s degree in Structural, Civil, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of international Engineering experience within oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry, in particular – jacket/topsides installation and heavy lifts;
- Minimum 7-10 years of international experience as Project, Field, Methods Engineer on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
- Capability to perform structure installation/construction and design all installation aids, in agreement and liaising with drafting department, lead method and vessel operation. Interpretation of installation engineering results relevant to the activity;
- Capability to install offshore pipelines and subsea items (pipelines, flexibles, umbilical, risers) including specific ancillaries in agreement and liaising with drafting department, lead methods and vessel operations;
- Knowledge of Discipline engineering design criteria, methods and workflows from conceptual phase up to site engineering phase. Capability to define the technical documents set based on Project quantities and scope of work. Capability to perform and coordinate Project engineering documents production activities and to check and review design documents, prepared either internally or by Vendors. Capability to manage all the interdisciplinary reviews needed to define and optimize the concerned engineering system;
- Knowledge of main international Discipline standards, codes and regulations. Capability to analyse dedicated Project requirements in terms of local standards and codes and to identify proper implementation actions. When required by the role, ability to manage the resolution of Engineering Non Conformity (NCR) at site supporting Construction and / or Fabrication activities effectively interfacing project Team, Client and Vendor;
- Capability to define the Project general rules and guidelines for Discipline quantities estimation either on Bid Projects or on Projects in execution, according to Corporate design standards, procedures, methods and tools. Capability to control and ensure the correct application of the general rules and guidelines by all team members and all subcontractors involved in quantity definition activities;
- Capability to plan discipline engineering activities and documentation deliverables in order to meet Project schedule milestones considering design workflows and engineering interfaces with all other project disciplines and functions;
- Capability to handle subcontracted engineering work packages defining the scope of work, the milestones and documentation deliverables;
- Capability to perform technical evaluation of vendor bids with reference to Discipline items, bulk material and subcontracted work packages, according to Corporate standards and procedures;
- Knowledge of criteria, standards, main techniques and methodologies for hazards identification during work execution, occupational risk assessment and evaluation;
- Capability to define project scope in order to meet the needs and expectations of the interested parties;
- Knowledge of supply chain process (engineering, purchasing, production and fabrications, assembling, packing, transportation, clearing through customs, preservation and installation).
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Ensure that all the engineering activities are properly and correctly managed directly or by subordinate staff, in order to guarantee the quality of the product based on job requirements;
- Provide assistance to other functions in order to indicate, agree and implement the most efficient and effective solutions for the Installation/construction activities;
- Organise and participate in design reviews in order to define the best Installation methodology solutions;
- Organise and coordinate the activities of the engineering group assigned, tasks and workload providing technical and administrative guidance to the subordinate staff in order to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved;
- Administer the working programme to ensure its implementation in accordance with plans, design and specifications;
- Be responsible for interpretation, implementation and improvement of the proposed design solutions;
- Initiate and maintain filing system, document review and distribution, through subordinate staff;
- Monitor and coordinate all phases of the work progress and review procedures, reports and calculations of subordinate engineers, ensuring that deliverables, equipment, facilities and services meet specified requirements;
- Ensure technical coordination with Client, including attendance at interface meetings;
- Coordinate with the technical responsible on board of the vessel, in addition to providing backup to the installation team and advising the Vessel management on technical aspects of the job;
- Be additionally responsible for ensuring that all checklists and other installation records are completed in accordance with the procedures and passed to the QC Coordinator for compilation;
- Attend sites and carry out inspections, during onshore preparation, to ensure that all the requirements have been met;
- Participate to the critical offshore tasks to ensure their performance according to methodology and ensure the relevant feedback and lesson learned;
- Participate to the offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation campaign.
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line.