Position: Medical Coordinator
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring effective implementation of the health management system within the Company following BOS Shelf Health Plan.
- Ensuring that a 24 hrs. qualified medical assistance is available to all BOS Shelf employees for routine, occupational and emergency care in accordance with terms and conditions of agreement with Medical Provider and international and Azerbaijani medical standards and protocols;
- Counseling when necessary with medical insurance company and organization of international Medevac in case that such necessity arises.
- Coordinating the activities of the Site Clinics with BOS Shelf management, subcontractors and with medical institutions located in Azerbaijan (including specialist consultations, instrumental and laboratory examinations, hospitalization, medical and surgical treatment);
- Defining measures to be followed in order to assess, monitor, and safeguard the state of health of employees working on BOS Shelf Yard;
- Defining the HPIs (Health Performance Indicators) which must be applied and monitored;
- Ensuring preparation, issuance, revision, and full implementation of necessary Health documents in accordance with BOS Shelf Policies and Procedures, Standards, international regulations and legislations and best practices in oil and gas industry, recommended by OGP/IPIECA.
- Defining criteria to be followed and controls to be carried out in order to guarantee an adequate hygiene surveillance at BOS Shelf.
- Auditing catering facilities.
- Organization and conducting of workplace industrial hygiene surveys to recognize, evaluate, and control occupational health exposures.
- Defining reports that medical provider shall elaborate, prepare on regular basis and transmit to BOS Shelf.
- Participation in incident investigations.
- Participation in the organization and performance of medical exercises / drills on site.
- Establishing, following and applying a health audit plan to verify that what has been specified in relevant procedures and documents is applied, and to recommend necessary actions that will assure continues improvement.
- Sharing knowledge and information and developing preventive and monitoring program together with other departments.
- Monitoring the Health costs and looking for the way to improve the cost-effectiveness.
Educational background – Graduation of Medical University as a Medical Doctor
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a medical doctor preferably offshore or on remote location within oil and gas industry with good knowledge of emergency medicine and occupational health.
- Experience of working in same position is preferred.
- Experience in auditing catering and medical facilities.
- Experience in health risks management.
Specific skills and/or licensing/certification required (not preferred) to do this job –
- Certification in Advance Cardiac Life Support and Advance Trauma Life Support.
- Knowledge of local and international standards for industrial hygiene. Certification in Industrial Hygiene is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge on food hygiene. Certification in Food Safety for Managers is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of office and operation personnel.
- Computer literate.
- Possess of a driving license.
- Good command of oral and written English. Russian, Azerbaijani – are welcomed.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Medical Coordinator) in the subject line of your email.