Position title: Commissioning Electrical Senior Technician
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
• Ensure all team members are fully aware and understand all the projects safe working practices and adhere to them to maintain a SAFE working environment.
• Testing of LV & HV distribution boards and ciruits
• Testing of motor control centres, motors, stop start circuits and associated overloads
• Testing of trace heating systems and Direct Electrical Heaters
• Testing of Cathodic protection circuits and equipment
• Ex Inspection to IEC regulations
• Performing motor no load runs
• Assist discipline engineers to compile Livening Up Notices to allow sub system/system energization
• Take part in Tri Party Sub System/System Mechanical Completion walk downs and punch list item categorization.
• System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
• Act as Authorised Electrical Person (AEP) for voltage levels less than 1000V AC following assessment by the Responsible Electrical Person and approval by the Site Controller.
• Undertake Performing Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedures.
• ‘As Building’ Electrical documents in accordance with project procedures.
• Ensure the projects commitment to Safety is maintained.
• To complete the work scope assigned within the defined project schedule, ensuring the engineering design standards are achieved and equipment operability satisfactorily demonstrated
Essential Experience, Education /Qualifications:
- A recognised electrical qualification
- Compex trained with a valid certificate
- Proven track record of relevant commissioning experience on Electrical Systems on onshore or offshore Oil&Gas, Petro-Chemical or Power Industry facilities, and demonstrate an understanding of Commissioning process including:-
- Interpretation of Single Line Diagrams, schematics and engineering datasheets
- Ex Certification requirements and inspection to IEC regulations
- Commissioning of HV & LV electrical power, distribution and generation systems
- Control of Work / PTW processes during execution
- Commissioning of utility and process systems
- System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
- Good understanding and hands on experience on Rotating Equipment rotor alignment: both with rotalign and with gauges
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Commissioning Electrical Senior Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.