CV submission closing date is the 29th of January 2023.
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]
Position title: Project Engineer, Pipelines
As a member of the SD2 M&SS Pipelines Project Management Team (PMT) the Project Engineer (Welding) will have the following responsibilities:
· Implementing safe and efficient execution of project scopes
· Awareness and promotion of project goals in respect of HSE, cost, schedule & technical integrity
· Direction, motivation, support and leadership to project team members and contractors.
· Awareness and promotion of Client expectations of Safe Design and Quality Build and conformance to the Operating Management System (OMS) requirements including risk management, continuous improvement and management of change.
· Promoting an effective and collaborative working environment with a ‘One Team’ approach.
· Ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared with the onshore management team
· Providing exemplary leadership to contractors and vendors to facilitate successful scope delivery,
· Will be delegation of authority for Project Engineer Team Lead as and when required.
Project Engineering (Welding)
1. Managing all pipeline WPQ, WQT, Coating PQT and AUT qualifications
2. Managing the procedure development and readiness for welding, coating and NDT operations on the pipe-lay barge
3. Supporting the reactivation and mobilization of the pipelay barge including testing and commissioning of the Welding, Automatic Ultrasonic Testing (AUT), Field Joint Coating (FJC), Direct Electrical Heating (DEH) equipment
4. Managing the recruitment and training of the pipe-lay barge BP Quality Control (QC) Team
5. Managing the welding, NDT, FJC operations on the pipe-lay barge including quality control and integrity of the flowlines
6. Reviewing and assisting engineering teams with approval of relevant welding and NDT engineering queries, deviations and non-conformances
7. Supporting the optimization of the installation analysis for deep water flowline construction including pipelay static/dynamic analysis and ECA
8. Managing the materials and quality control aspects of the load-in, storage, preservation and load-out of the insulated flowline pipe
9. As a member of the Pipelines PMT the project engineer will be required to support general areas of delivery including:
10. Supporting the HIRA/HAZID process and delivery of appropriate risk mitigations through the development of appropriate installation methods
11. Providing specific trouble shooting expertise to all other BP teams/projects required to deliver their areas of responsibility
12. Supporting the offshore installation and pre-commissioning testing of the offshore pipeline
· Welding/Materials related degree and professional status accreditation with a recognised institution
· CSWIP 3.2.1/3.2.2 Senior Welding Inspector or equivalent
· CSWIP AUT Data interpretation
· CSWIP or PCN Radiographic Interpretation (or hold CSWIP 3.2.2)
· CSWIP/BGAS Site coatings or equivalent
Essential Experience and Job Requirements;
· A minimum of 10years welding, coating and NDT offshore construction experience
· Direct experience of pipe-lay barge operations with mechanized welding, AUT and FJC systems