Position: Senior Subsea Wells Engineer
The Global Solutions Subsea team delivers intermittent WELLS scope globally (scopes less than 18 months long). This varies from multi-well developments, exploration/appraisal, Subsea wells WorkOvers and Light Well Interventions (LWI). Provide subsea support of ConneXus requests ranging from quick feedback emails/calls to detailed feasibility studies.
The Global Solutions Senior Subsea Engineer will report to the Completions Interventions, Integrity & Subsea Discipline Lead and is responsible for engineering, planning and execution of subsea projects either from MODU’s and LWI vessels or in support of WELLS AFP deliverables. This will include working with the following equipment: completion landing strings, open water & riser-based intervention systems, subsea tree and control systems, Intervention WorkOver Control Systems (IWOCS) and associated completions equipment; as well as completions equipment related to providing access to the well during light well intervention activities and subsea capping & containment preparedness.
Building successful relationships to enable collaboration is a key aspect of this role. Stakeholders include: the WELLS Organization (WELLS) engineering and well operations teams, the WELLS MODU Superintendent, the Life of Field team (LoF), the Projects and Operations organization (P&O), Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) and key service contractors.
- Provide leadership in demonstrating BP’s commitment to our HSSE policy of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment
- Coach and mentor engineers to deliver scope as well as personal and technical development
- Work in alignment of the bp Lead risk and change management activities for subsea scope. Ensure risks are understood and owned by the Subsea and Region Operations teams.
- Prepare Well BoD’s, programs, risk control measures as per subsea defined process and BP practice requirements
- Lead HAZID / HAZOP sessions as required to ensure safe execution of subsea activity
- Perform Audits, Leadership Field Inspections, and Oversight/Verification at Vendor facilities and offshore
- Proactive ownership of the relationship with all stakeholders – WELLS drilling, completions and interventions teams, LoF, and Projects Organisation as well as key Vendors.
- Lead well design and construction input as it relates to subsea scope
- Lead and conduct Engineering SV & OS with internal process and vender Oversight
- Define and deliver equipment operational requirements, including all interfaces between MODU/Vessel, vendors and tooling.
- Work with Rig engineering and WELLS rig team to ensure all MODU/Vessel upgrade requirements are identified to handle and deploy Subsea Completion/intervention equipment efficiently and modifications completed on time to meet schedule
- Develop and manage vendor resource plans to support offshore activities
- Deliver success of the subsea tree, completion installation & well intervention activities, which is defined by safe, reliable, and competitive execution within operational performance targets.
- Manage costs and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Respond to operational requirements, vendor quality issues, and vendor performance management.
- For non-SPS vendors, ensure they deliver Scope of Supply requirements for MODU/Intervention activities.
- Monitor and manage performance thru ESQ2 system and building enduring management relationships within Vendors
- Provide input and feedback to vendor PRM’s
- Support training and development of all personnel, helping to build enduring capability.
- Engage with other Regional and Centralized Subsea teams to drive development, share lessons, monitor performance, and drive continuous improvement plans
- Drive Efficiency, Standardization and Simplification within the Subsea discipline.
- Support the overall CII&S Wells Technical Plan and SPA for individual elements.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Offshore Engineering (or equivalent)
- 10 +years’ experience in subsea production systems, completions and intervention equipment.
- Excellent understanding of Drilling, Completion, and Intervention activities and related open water subsea activities.
- Demonstration and track record of Safety and Operational Leadership.
- Excellent communication skills (English) both written and verbal and ability to effectively interface across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing multi-discipline project teams and contractors
- Detailed understanding of API 6A , API17D, API-RP17G, ISO 13628-7
- Strong project management skills and able to deliver across multiple work fronts.
- Familiar in agile methods and open to try new ways of working.
Awareness of subsea well capping and containment requirements and familiar with source control response planning.
Job locationPlease indicate Platform(s), Terminal or Operation site name
Bp Xazar, Baku
Please send your CVs to