Position:Process Safety Team Leader
This position is responsible for process of identification of hazards, evaluating the risk of those hazards, and assist in the development of effective solutions to mitigate risk. Process safety Team Lead will be responsible to facilitate the process risk assessments and help develop safety operating practices to support plant operations, provide technical leadership and support to identify hazards, assess risks and provide cost efficient management solutions.
The Process Safety Engineer must be well familiar with the Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) rule.
- ToComplete process safety reviews and develop recommendations for addressing process safety issues
- Provide risk assessment through the use of risk analysis techniques and tools
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Participate on teams responsible to implement new products and processes Lead and monitors HAZOP / Risk assessment studies and track implementation of recommendations.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to work hazards
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents
- Provide coaching to plants on identification and resolution of process safety issues
- Lead Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) on existing and new processes
- Provide oversight for the site Management of Change (MOC) Process
- Manage the site PHA schedule and recommendation implementation plan
- Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations for incidents and near misses
- Provide oversight and conduct audits for Pre Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Provide mentoring and training for site personnel
- Ensuring Process Safety Principles and best practices are implemented early in the design phase of MOC package review.
- Improve process safety culture and knowledge level across company
- Other duties requested by Line Manager
- Providing consultation on process safety standards and systems as well as coaching and supporting relevant departments in risk analysis techniques.
- Identification of process hazards, evaluating the risk of those hazards, and assist in the development of effective solutions to mitigate risk.
- Facilitate the process of risk assessments and help develop safety operating practices to support plant operations, provide technical leadership and support to identify hazards, assess risks and provide cost efficient management solutions.
- Lead & Participate in Process Safety Incidents Investigations
- Develop regular process safety audit plan
- Lead & participate during Process Safety audit.
- Strong knowledge of the technical support, troubleshooting and safety features of refinery equipment.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) in high stress situations with a multi-cultural audience on a tight timeline.
- Ability to manipulate online HSE and training databases.
- Investigation of Environmental Incidents and preparation of the report;
- Planning and assisting in the implementation of the Spill Response process.
- Knowledge on the National and International Environmental standards and practices.
- Reliability, excellent professionalism and personal ethical behaviour
- Problem solving
- Emotional intelligence
- Listening skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Time management abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Acting as a team player
- Ability to accept and learn from criticism
- Analytical Thinking
- Chemistry Knowledge
- Engineering Principles
- Environmental Regulations
- Health, Safety and Environment Practices
- Mechanical Tools, Equipment, and Systems
- Operations Analysis and Monitoring
- Safety Regulations and Procedures
- Understanding of Regulatory Requirements
Education and experience
- 7 – 10 years’ experience working as a Process Safety Engineer
- Experience within the Petrochemical industry is preferable
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, Chemistry, or Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) is essential.
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Risk Management Plan (RMP)
- Ability to work with office equipment
- Proficient in Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), Adobe Pro
- Advanced knowledge of Azeri and English
Interested candidates should follow the link below:
The above vacancy is addressed to nationals of Azerbaijan or with permanent residency in Azerbaijan. All eligible applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: December 30, 2022