Position: Construction Vessel Representative (Diving)
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
· Site safety leader:
o Embed bp’s safety leadership and human performance principles within the site’s safety culture.
o Cultivate a culture of care, maintaining an environment for open and transparent reporting of safety issues.
o Proactively lead bp oversight to check work is executed safely, verifying control of work, risk management and toolbox talks.
o Collaborate with contractor and bp HSE teams to ensure site safety performance is continuously tracked and acted upon.
o Verify that relevant safety learning is continuously reviewed and implemented on site
· Ensure that management of change procedures (including evaluation of impact on environmental permits and consents) are implemented.
· Promoting a work environment that enables people to identify, eliminate or mitigate risk to the lowest practicable level.
· Perform an independent check on project geodesy, Coordinate Reference System setup and transformation parameters entered into navigation system as well as any test coordinate conversions or transformations generated by the navigation system.
· Review and accept pre-survey calibrations, navigation and positioning instrument tests, including the correct input and sign convention of calibration parameters and offsets of sensors to the CRP entered into the on line navigation system
· Review the performance of positioning instrumentation as survey work is performed, verifying that equipment is operating as per technical specifications, that observations and positions meet specified accuracies and tolerances.
· Most senior BP person on contractors’ site and focal point for all bp vessel activities
· Ensure all emergencies, accidents, incidents and uncontrolled events are reported and investigated as appropriate.
· Monitors the safe execution of the work program and oversees procedural discipline
· Facilitate issue and acceptance of BP ISSOW WCC
· Does not direct work but provides appropriate level over oversight
· Conducts oversight on contractor’s self-verification process
· Ensures high level risk action barriers are verified though company oversight.
· Ensure that environmental permits and consents match approved procedures
· Confirms Go No Go mobilization activities are complete
· Ensure contractor awareness, comprehension and compliance in scope execution.
· Prepare or review daily progress reports
· Represent bp in incident investigation
· Exhibits understanding of BP practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
· Ensure compliance with the BP GOC (Guidance on Certification) system for handover of completion certification at the appropriate stage gates
ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· The CVR must be assessed through a safety & operational risk competence assessment process for the worksite and position.
· Preferably degree in Survey, Geodesy, Hydrographic Survey or equivalent. Minimum 10 years field experience. Experience of client oversight or survey field crew leadership.
· Shall have successfully passed a recognised and BP approved client representative’s training course.
· Completed the BP Permit to Work System (Performing Authority) course.
· Good understanding of DP vessels & management with a recognised DP training appreciation course completed.
· Experience of subsea installation and testing processes and application.
· Formal risk assessment training.
· Additional project experience of some of the following elements would be an advantage: –
o Spools & Jumpers (rigid/flexible – Single/multi-bore)
o Flexibles/Control Umbilical’s/J Tube pull-ins
o Sub-sea Structures
o Foundation/piles installation
o DROPS protection
o Survey requirements
o Commissioning support
o Remote Intervention
o Vessel loadouts & readiness
o Support vessels/barges
Please send your CVs to [email protected]