Position: Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Develop, review and give technical approval for rotating equipment operational documentation requiring engineering input, inclusive of vendor documentation (e.g. GT maintenance Roadmap, Condition Monitoring routes / practice, CMAS guides etc.).
- Establish operational processes for monitoring / optimisation of equipment performance and provide technical quality of handover pack contents and system completion standards.
- Provide support to commissioning activities and yard based RE commissioning engineer as required
- Degree in Mechanical or related engineering discipline Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer
- Experience working in major Projects and/or Operations environment.
- Experience with system design and operation of mechanical rotating equipment packages ranging from process & utilities pumps through to compressors and its associated drivers such as Gas Turbines and electrical motors, generators and their associated drivers such as Steam Turbines.
- Experience of condition monitoring and reliability envelope set-up for rotating equipment packages.
- Knowledge of the requirements of CLIENT MPcp and other project processes.
- Pragmatic problem solver & decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels/disciplines within the Project as well as with other functions.
- Understanding and application of the CLIENT GIS’s, CLIENT ETPs & applicable industry standards for mechanical rotating equipment.
- Familiarity with the CLIENT Global Rotating Equipment (GRE) team, the GRE Suppliers and package designs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with internal and external personnel at all levels in a field or office setting.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Responsible for technical review of operations procedures and operating manuals, for RE discipline
- Support maintenance build activity (e.g. technical input onto Job plans and generate record of asset differences) for the RE discipline. Includes technical support to Safety and Environmental Critical Equipment designation
- Provide technical support for determination of critical operating and insurance spares
- Responsible for generating equipment change-over strategy and consideration of equipment run-time tracking
- Review of operational performance standards for RE discipline and development of Formal Technical assessment transition plan for said performance standards
- Development and oversight of IT&S developed Remote Performance Monitoring Tools (e.g. System 1 / SmartSignal) for the Operate Phase; including reliability envelope generation in associated CM systems.
- Advise on ACE infrastructure and monitoring strategy for RE discipline
- Lead interface and build strong relationships with RE community (Region and Global) for project to ensure compliance and best practice is being used within project
- Accountable for inputting into safe operating limits and ensuring the RE aspects of maintaining plant within safe operating limits is as per group defined practice
- Support the system handover of systems containing rotating equipment
- Front line trouble shooting and support to Operations relating to handed over systems
CV submission closing date is 16th of July 2022