Position title: Telecom Commissioning Technician
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
- Assist with technical reports and attend and support daily toolbox talks
- Attend all mandatory training as specified in HSE, and Permit To Work training schedule.
- Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary
- Assisting with Technical reports to resolve any technical issues.
- Submit daily checksheets records of testing carried out.
- Understand all the projects safe working practices and adhere to them to maintain a SAFE working environment.
- Testing of PAGA Beacon and Speaker loops
- Testing of CCTV Process and Security Systems
- Testing of Industrial Wireless System
- Testing of Fibre Optic cabling and patching
- Testing and patching of Structured Cabling
- Jumpering and Testing within a Telecom MDF
- Testing of Marine Radar and Navigation aids
- Testing of Muster and Drilling Intercom Systems
- Performing RF Power and VSWR testing of VHF/UHF Radio equipment, feeders and antenna’s using RF test Equipment
- Take part in Tri Party Sub System/System Mechanical Completion walk downs and punch list item categorization.
- System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
- Undertake Performing Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedures.
- ‘As Building’ Telecom documents in accordance with project procedures.
- Minimum A recognised Telecommunication qualification from their native country
- Desired Compex trained with a valid certificate
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Proven track record of relevant commissioning experience on Telecom Systems on onshore or offshore Oil&Gas, Petro-Chemical or Power Industry facilities, and demonstrate an understanding of Commissioning process including:-
- Interpretation of Termination drawings, Schematics and engineering datasheets
- Experience within VHF/UHF Radio Communications
- Commissioning of Plant Telecom Systems within an offshore Environment
- Control of Work / PTW processes during execution
System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Telecom Commissioning Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.