Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish and manage effectively a planning and progress control system in order to support the Project Manager decision making process and allow him to complete the project according to the internal baselines and in compliance with the contractual dates and requirements;
- Ensure any deviation from plan is promptly spotted and analysed, final time impact is estimated and the effect of corrective actions taken is monitored;
- Create a schedule awareness atmosphere among all project participants.
- Ensure the development of the project schedule according to the commercial needs. Verify feasibility and criticality;
- Participate to the commercial risk management activities;
- Ensure the implementation of the Planning and Progress Control System required by the contract complexity, riskiness and duration, in compliance with the Project Breakdown Structure, Company Standards and Contract specification;
- Interface and coordinate with other Company Functions or Discipline Leaders/Supervisors and Managers to build up activities, assign milestones and constraints by issuing the logic network;
- Prepare all the reference baseline documents, and ensure that the project s planning and scheduling requirements are properly and clearly communicated to those functionally responsible for executing the work;
- Issue all the relevant reporting;
- Issue the Planning & Scheduling Procedure, Progress Measurement Procedure and Risk Management Plan for the Project Control Manager verification;
- Coordinate the risk management activities start up organizing the first brainstorming and the qualitative / quantitative assessment of the identified risks & opportunities;
- Perform the schedule risk analysis for highly critical projects.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the Planning and Progress Control System, monitoring the progress measurement system and ensuring the proper information flow, progress status and completion forecast are assessed and reported for Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction and Commissioning phases;
- Update all Project Schedules, collecting actual data, evaluating forecast dates and monitoring any progress and productivity deviation compared with the baseline schedule, including the corrective actions taken by the PM;
- Maintain the risk management process organizing periodic meetings and verifying the risk owners feedbacks;
- Maintain records for all significant events, like contractual claims/obligations, productivity, deliverables, materials status, with extensive use of Company/Partner/Client IT systems and reports;
- Create and maintain the 90 days look-ahead schedule, weekly, monthly. Isolate any adverse trend and warn the PM on time to take corrective actions, issue weekly and monthly project reports (internal and for the Client);
- Assist the Project Control Manager in the Project Status Report preparation;
- Participate in the coordination meetings (internal or with the Client whenever opportune);
- Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process providing the time impact analysis.
- University degree, PMI and/or IPMA certification in Project management
- Fluency in English language; knowledge of Azerbaijani is an additional advantage
- Minimum 3 year experience in planning/project coordination (preferably in oil & gas and/or marine site / field experience)
- Knowledge of MS Office package, MS Project and Primavera programs
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Planning Engineer) in the subject line of your email.