Job Title: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
KEY Accountabilities Of Position:
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance of all personnel and operations within area assigned, ensuring that adequate resources are deployed to maintain a Healthy and Safety at site and that all measures are in place to protect both the environment and items of cultural heritage.
- To represent Worley on the construction sites and to organize, administer and control site activities in accordance with the relevant legislation, Client and Worley requirements.
- Be fully familiarized with the contract requirements, Worley policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Program Director.
- To ensure that Worley Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSE/R3) and Quality policies are understood and implemented by all staff and project contractors.
- To ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSE/R3, quality, cost and schedule.
- Agree, establish and maintain effective communication and co-ordination between construction site and home offices task force/departments.
- Promote Worley by demonstrating professionalism and efficiency, establishing credible client and local contractor working relationships.
- Mentor and develop own staff in conjunction with HR Manager. Conduct regular staff performance reviews and identify training and development needs.
- Gather information about the site, client, local capability, culture, etc. by conducting surveys as necessary to ensure the critical issues are identified and that a strategy (Construction Execution Plan) is developed, implemented and maintained to ensure project objectives are attained.
- Establish the acceptance criteria and procedures governing the transfer of Care, Control & Custody for the site between Company (BP) and Worley.
- Review and agree with the Program Director the required optimum site organization by the application of model organization rulings with consideration given to the changing requirements throughout earthworks, construction, prefabrication, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up.
- To ensure an effective feedback system on all site requirements e.g. AFC drawings, engineering design, safety alerts, material requirements, material shortages/damages etc
- Maintain an effective filing and records retrieval system.
- Report cost trends, examine, understand and manage budgets.
- To ensure that construction requirements are realistically quantified and incorporated into the project budgets and planning system. To ensure that the detailed interfaces between engineering and procurement deliverables fit a logical sequence that suits the commissioning and start up requirements.
- To ensure that Worley constructability program and construction work pack (CWP) processes are effectively implemented and followed to achieve HSE, quality, cost and schedule targets for each project.
- To be aware of and effectively communicate to all supervised staff, the detail and content of project HSE/R3 and quality manuals, ensuring that the associated policies are understood and practically implemented as per project schedule requirements.
- Ensure adherence to national/client HSE/R3 and quality regulations.
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out and that hazards are eliminated / minimized where possible or where not possible that personnel, environment, and property are suitably protected and that any residual risks are communicated to those likely to be exposed to the hazard.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with BP nominated contractors and 3rd parties.
- To ensure that all construction contractors communicate the strategies, methods and residual risks to their employees and take regard of the views and concerns of the workforce in planning and execution of all site activities. To ensure this communication chain is progressively and formally recorded using the AIM process of risk assessment.
- To ensure that the welfare of all personnel on site is considered in accordance with BP, Worley and local authority requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in construction. Including experience in strategic planning within a commercial environment and demonstrable experience in driving industry leadership and performance. Experience in building strong people relationships (both internal and external), general management practices and experience in managing and leading a team.
- Approximately 20 years, with a minimum of 10 years Supervisor/Superintendent experience in a multi-discipline team environment.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised trade qualification in mechanical/electrical/civil discipline or equivalent.
Preferred: Qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience.
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]