Position: Repair Mentor/Instructor
NOV is looking for Repair Mentor/Instructor
As a Repair Mentor/Instructor you will be responsible for providing training and guidance to the newly hired technical team and will mentor and train them in the specific requirements of the NOV equipment, systems and processes. You will be a trained NOV Competency Management System (Workplace) assessor and will be responsible for mentoring the local repair technicians and assessing their progress through to completion of their Discipline Skill Level and Product Skill Level competency modules. The role is hands-on working alongside the local repair technicians to support them in disassembly, inspection, rebuild and testing of various NOV Rig Technologies Equipment. Key to this role will be the driving of continual improvement processes, enhancing efficiency and performance within the local team.
- As Repair Mentor/Instructor you develop and assess the competencies of the repair technicians to ensure they can perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Be proficient with the use of engineering measuring tools – Micrometres, Vernier Gauges, Dial Indicators.
- Carry out work instructions as given by Supervisor, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
- Complete Facility maintenance tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure all job-related QA Plans, Work scopes, Route Carts, Inspection Reports, Test Reports and Build sheets are filled out as the job progresses.
- Conduct equipment Testing / FATs in accordance with NOV procedures.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality
- Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety and escalate concerns.
- Carry out trouble shooting of Equipment / Systems and be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone / 5Ys etc.)
- Support all NCR reporting.
- Willingly assist Supervisor to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas at daily team brief meetings.
- Report discrepancies in job procedures, processes and route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Supervisor and implement changes when requested.
- Time served in a mechanical based discipline (essential)
- Experience in a similar position (essential)
- Working knowledge of Oil and Gas rentals, refurbishment, assembly environment (essential)
- Ability to create and track individual and team metrics (essential)
- Previous experience of Assembly and Refurbishment of Oil Field equipment (essential)
SKILLS, TRAINING, SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook) (essential)
- Working and proven experience of cost control (essential)
- Trained Competency Management System (Workplace) Assessor (essential)
Interested candidates should follow the link below: