Title: DCS Specialist
- Assistance towards the development of the DCS and ESD engineering discipline throughout the station and wider business.
- Ensure competence levels are maintained in line with DCS and ESD accreditation and ensure any deficiencies are identified and addressed through development plans.
- Engineering, implementation and commissioning of plant improvements that require modification of the DCS and ESD systems, its code or process parameters; including owning and contributing to relevant scheme papers.
- Engaging and assisting appropriate specialist engineering support, internal and external.
- Providing technical support on a daily basis to the maintenance team. (fault diagnosis, rectification and improvement)
- This will involve ‘hands-on’ engineering, the supervision of staff and is expected to involve an element of call-out support.
- Setting the engineering standards to ensure station compliance with statutory and mandatory requirements in the following areas:
- Process Safety for DCS and process control issues, Corporate Procedures
- Responsibility for developing the plant asset strategies for DCS and ESD equipment, based upon safety and commercial risk assessment.
- this will include, Routine inspections, Maintenance, Outages.
- Critical spares management.
- Management of budgets and contracts.
- Provide instrumentation & control system engineering using appropriate Management of Change processes
- Development and implement modifications of control system logic as required
- Management of the schedule, and labor hour estimate for modification on plant
- Participate in FAT
- Review, evaluate, and advise DCS and ESD specifications and purchase requisitions
- Reviews or sets design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Conduct troubleshooting on DCS and ESD system failures
- Accountable for review PMs procedure and updates
- Accountable for development DCS and ESD maintenance procedure
- Accountable for Developing process control strategies, writing functional and detailed design specifications.
- Plan and implement strategies to maintain systems and avoid obsolescence.
- Train and develop local specialist and junior staff providing both in class as well as in field
- Provide support to training department as required in order to implement training program
- Support field instrument and DCS personnel on troubleshooting
- Support implementation routing activates
- Support Operations and Maintenance in extending the use of DCS and ESD and bringing performance improvement and efficiencies to the business.
- Conduct audits on systems, equipment and maintenance strategies to ensure compliance with internal standards and maintain audit readiness.
• 5 years of experience in maintenance and projects
• 5-6 years of exprtirnce in Yokogawa DCS and ESD systems.
• Technically competent as defined by the plant modification process.
• Functional leadership of DCS and ESD engineering technicians and craft support.
Interested candidates should follow the link below:
Application closing date: 11 February 2020