Position: Commissioning Manager
The PMC Commissioning Manager reports directly to his Line Manager as per PMC Organization Charts. He is responsible for managing the PMC commissioning team during the EPC/EPCM implementation phase of the Project. His primary responsibility is to ensure that the Project commissioning and start-up requirements are addressed throughout the lifecycle of the Project. The PMC Commissioning Manager’s role includes:
- Ensuring HSSE goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and Involvement,
- Championing the ‘Safety Shield’ behaviours and engagement activities,
- Preparing the commissioning execution plan and procedures for management review and approval,
- Supporting the dissemination of HAOR Modernisation and Reconstruction Project vision to the PMC organization and personnel,
- Working in strict liaison with Construction and Project Control functions to develop a Project
- Integrated Construction/Commissioning Schedule,
- Supporting the development of a Project culture that enables a high performing team,
- Supporting the risk management and the Interface and stakeholder management
- processes across the Project,
- Ensuring that effective commissioning management systems and processes are
- implemented, backed-up by a dedicated HSE commissioning program so that specific risk of the pre-commissioning/commissioning/start-up activities are properly identified, evaluated and managed through a risks mitigation plan to achieve the highest safety operational level, /review/supervise the issue of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up procedures to ensure that that Owner’s standards, instructions, rules and regulations are implemented and that they are in line with accepted oil & gas applicable rules and best practices for a safe execution of the works,
- Providing overall guidance and management of the commissioning function within the PMC
- organization to ensure that commissioning and operational aspects of the project are identified and implemented into the overall project strategy, followed by close supervision to ensure that project objectives are timely achieved,
- Maintaining a commissioning issues register and tracking of each issue to closure,
- Developing the overall commissioning and start-up strategy in conjunction with HAOR
- operational leads to ensure the path of construction supports SOCAR’s objectives,
- Participate in the design reviews process to ensure that safety, operability, maintainability,
- reliability, commissioning and start-up inputs and aspects are properly addressed,
- Ensuring commissioning and start-up requirements are included in all stages of EPC/EPCM
- design and execution,
- Co-ordinating the EPC/EPCM Contractors commissioning activities to ensure that commissioning interfaces are consistently managed, mechanical completion and commissioning activities are performed and accepted following a consistent and documented set of acceptance criteria are issued and approved, as per project standards and industrial best practice,
- Ensure that EPC/EPCM Contractors satisfy their Contractual obligations, regarding commissioning and start-up, and deliver safe and operable systems,
- Liaising with Employer, HAOR operations and maintenance departments by assisting in all
- aspects of commissioning, start-up, performance testing and facilities handover,
- Reviewing EPC/EPCM Contractor’s documents and drawings for operability and maintainability.
- Monitoring the progress of the project to ensure that it is on schedule and provide specific inputs/take corrective actions, as deemed appropriate or necessary.
- Degree in Engineering/Technical Science.
- Proven track record of working on EPC projects for Oil & Gas facilities.
- Experience in PMC role and brownfield refineries projects.
- Having instrument/electrical/mechanical background.
- Previous experience as Commissioning Engineer (12+ years expected)
- Site multi discipline supervisory experience,
- Attitude to work collaboratively in a multinational team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Commissioning Manager) in the subject line of your email.