Position Title: Marine Asset Engineer (Naval)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure marine installation contractors provides correctly engineered solutions for required upgrades, reactivations and operation of marine vessels
- Liaise with Project Program Managers to ensure upgrades and reactivations are suitable for the offshore execution requirements
- Monitor Contractor’s activities during Scope of Work generation and CTR development
- Reviewing Contractor installation engineering and procedures to ensure readiness for mobilization of assets and mission equipment.
- Supporting the in country project engineering teams for project risk assessments, Client risk action plans and readiness reviews.
- Participate in overall bid evaluation process for contract award
- Monitor contractor performance and ensure all contractual requirements are complied with
- Perform effective interface between Company contracted equipment suppliers and Contractor
- Report regularly to senior management on the progress of works and any issues
- Ensures that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of CLIENT procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Ensure all project risks are identified, plans developed and executed for their removal or reduction
- Evaluate performance of contractor and sub-contractors. Provide constructive feedback and intervention as required through oversight activities
- Integrate with contractor Asset management team to ensure transparency with respect to safety, progress, schedule, quality and cost
- Provides guidance, advice and training to project team, contractors, and third parties as required to ensure understanding of the vessel upgrade, reactivation and operation objectives.
- Continuous interrogation of schedule to ensure opportunities to maintain schedule are realized
- Assist contractor in re-scheduling activities or scope in order to maintain project schedule
- Review the contractor’s engineering deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Monitor timesheets of Contractor Engineering team to ensure no overspend and an effective output
- Liaise directly with Company Safety, Quality, Cost, planning and management team to provide feedback in respective areas of interest
- Assist Contractor with Technical Queries related to upgrade and reactivation works
- Be focal point between CLIENT Marine Asset department and installation contractor on marine and structural matters
Academic /experience requirements:
- Marine engineers and naval architects degree in marine engineering and naval architecture
- including FEED and detailed design, vessel and offshore structures on site construction supervision experience, knowledge of vessel stability and structural analyses requirements
- Knowledge of current Class requirements and international marine standards
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Develops the safety and risk management skills of the Marine Asset team.
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardization, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities
- Familiar with site construction activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator (written and oral).
- Tactful and persuasive
- A Team Player
CV submission closing date is 30th of November 2021.
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]