- Monthly preparation of payroll and benefits calculations based on timesheets, information regarding benefit plans and worker’s compensation. Calculation of accurate wages, including any bonuses, salary increases or overtime.
- Calculation of statutory payments, such as maternity and sick leave.
- Calculation and process accurate payments to employees by cash or electronic transfer, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Calculation of tax or social security contributions, mandatory insurance deductions and pensions contributions.
- Check hours on employee timesheets. Literacy in HR systems is required.
- Process leave requests from employees.
- Handle and respond to discrepancies and queries relating to payroll.
- When requested, may also be responsible for employee job descriptions and staffing regulatory activities.
- Record keeping for meticulous records on each employee in order to prepare checks and deduct taxes.
- Preparation and administration of employment documentation, such as contracts, addendums for expatriate personnel
- Administer demobilization process for expatriate employees.
- Support resourcing/ recruitment activities as / when required
- Medical Insurance administration for expatriate personnel
- Other HR duties, related to C&B as assigned by manager.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HR/ Payroll function.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience which demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills.
- Relevant higher qualifications are advantageous.
- Proficient computer skills with experience using spreadsheets and databases.
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Organized, logical and methodical approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll and C&B.
- Fluent in English language.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (HR/Payroll Specialist) in the subject line of your email.