Company: BOS Shelf
Position: Material Manager
- Manages the operational activities of multi warehouse functions
- Organizing, planning and controlling of warehouse’ overall functions.
- Primary responsibility is to insure materials availability for production operations of the company.
- Issue inventory report, dead stock report, goods age report, consumption report, in or out status report.
- Ensure correlation between materials ordered and those delivered and that they are to the required specification.
- Establishes, manages and maintains electronic and documented records.
- Ensures accuracy of materials associated documentation.
- Oversee the receipt of materials including O,S and D reporting where necessary.
- Create plans to expand personnel of warehouse through internal on-job training. .
- Encourage constant inspiration among employees to strive for an efficient and successful warehouse management.
- Creates plans for the growth of the employees through organizing training sessions.
- Discover and apply cost reduction events in every aspect of warehouse activities and dealings.
- Accomplish objectives and instructions from the operation’s head office.
- Make regular reports and statistics on a weekly, daily and monthly basis.
- Interact among clients about any particular requirements that they might have or want and maintain the customer’s inventory neat and ordered.
- Sustain principles of health and safety, security and hygiene in the work environment.
- Supervision the planned maintenance of machinery, vehicles and tools.
- Visiting clients to check the quality of service they are receiving.
- Works cross functionally and among other warehouse supervisors to develop operating practices.
- Proven track record of increasing associates, motivating, building, and maintaining a team.
- Schedules installation and delivery work in the most cost proficient and expedient manner possible.
- Leads activities of warehouse team to make sure highest possible output.
- Directs and staffs operational functions connecting to warehouse service criteria.
- Offers communication and feedback concerning line item presentation for every warehouse.
- Educates associates on preservation and care of items stored and received. Directs associates on techniques and employ of material handling tools.
- Examines item history to reconcile discrepancies within inventory control records and stock.
- Handles every warehouse departmental expenses connected to keeping a safe and prolific work environment.
- Appraisals performance against objectives and principles.
- Facilitates and implements training programs for all warehouse personnel.
- Execute cost reduction principle in every feature of warehouse dealings and activities.
- Handles administration connected duties like retaining, recruiting, and ensuring the proper training of quality staff in a professional, positive method.
- Expand production flow procedures and recognize procedure development and cost reduction policies.
- Good English communication skills (written & spoken),
- Minimum of 5 years managing experience within the Steel Construction or Oil & Gas Industry .
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or relevant field.
- Proven managerial experience is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Material Manager) in the subject line of your email.