Position: Mechanical Field Specialist
- Competent in communicating in English language.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to supervise local and expat labour and liase with the Engineering Contractor
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and communicate with discipline engineers and technicians
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of Mechanical, HVAC and Rotating Equipment.
- Ability to produce written reports and plans
- Ability to interpret and understand P&IDs, D&ID’s, UFD’s, PFD’s, GA’s and engineering datasheets in English
Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Minimum: Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship / Qualification
Desired: Recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification (City & Guilds, HNC,ONC or degree)
HSSE and Control of Work
- Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent behaviours at all times, actively participate in the site safety observation conversation system
- Communicate with technician reports daily and talk through the following days activities identifying any HSSE issues to be raised at toolbox talks
- Attend all mandatory training as specified in HSE, and Permit To Work training schedule
- Ensure all team members are fully aware and understand all the projects safe working practices and adhere to them to maintain a SAFE working environment
- Responsible for the safety & management of all Instrument commissioning personnel and vendors reps under their control when on-site
- Undertake Performing Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedure
- Ensuring all Mechanical Commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures
- Assist discipline engineers to compile Livening Up Notices to allow sub system/system energisation
- Attend site RTC meetings and participate in level 2 risk assessments Commissioning
- Carry out lube oil/seal system flushing activities on site. Basic understanding on multi-discipline (electrical and instruments) and lube oil cleanliness requirements
- Carry out Rotating Equipment rotor alignment, vibration and temperature monitoring with snapshot or online monitoring system. Perform vessel inspections, witness critical flange management/alignment construction activities, check and confirm spring support arrangements. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve where necessary.
- Carry out mechanical completion line walks of mechanical and process systems and compile punch lists in accordance with project specifications
- Carry out line walks and apply process isolations where instructed.
- Responsible for implementing, execution and completion of all mechanical pre commissioning activities.
- Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary
- Assist technician reports to resolve any technical issues.
- System Handover Management Process (SHMP)
- Input into the compilation of Commissioning Test Procedures
- Responsible for the update of mechanical pre-commissioning progress into the project completions system in accordance with the SHMP
- Take part in Tri-Party Sub-System/System Mechanical Completion walk downs and punch list item categorization.
- As-building instrument documents in accordance with the project procedure
- Ensure the projects commitment to Safety is maintained.
- To complete the work scope assigned within the defined project schedule, ensuring the engineering design standards are achieved and equipment operability satisfactorily demonstrated
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Mechanical Field Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.