Position: Senior Inspection Engineer
- Support the Line Manager (LM) in management of Oceaneering workscope as defined in the contract with the client providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
- Assist with the implementation of an Integrity Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process
- Ensure all work is compliant with relevant client engineering and safety standards including review of any feedback from client
- Provide technical leadership to designated inspection discipline engineers within the team, allocating work to them within their technical capabilities and checking their output
- Manage interfaces with other support disciplines e.g. Structures, Pipelines, Pressure Systems, External Corrosion, etc.
- Maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties to ensure an effective inspection and integrity service
- Production and ongoing management of the asset inspection plans and other applicable planning processes e.g. corrosion monitoring
- Responsible for inspection / integrity input to Plant shutdown or associated outages.
- Responsible for technical content of the Written Schemes of Examination or equivalent for appropriate pressure systems or equipment
- Supervise the compilation of workpacks in compliance with Oceaneering/ client procedures. Review and approve them
- Select cost effective applications of non-invasive techniques and specialist technologies to ensure continued safe and reliable operations
- Responsible for managing timely execution of defined inspection plans, coordinating with Oceaneering personnel, client and 3rd parties as required
- Ensure effective data management within inspection database (e.g. ACET) and maintenance management systems (e.g. Maximo, SAP)
- Endorse inspection reports to ensure they comply with the relevant client and/ or Oceaneering procedures. Instigate remedial action for any non-compliance
- Responsible for implementing the anomaly process e.g. Inspection Query (IQ) and Remedial Order (RO) process
- Attend and lead meetings and reviews as appropriate e.g. Risk Based Assessment (RBA), Shutdown, IQRO, planning etc
- Provide support as required to audits e.g. verification, client, internal, etc. If applicable carry out periodic site audits e.g. Management visits
- Assist the Line Manager in production of reports as required by the client including technical, performance management (e.g. Key Performance Indicators) and other appropriate reports.
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget and manage the CTR (Cost, Time & Resource) process
- Responsible for carrying out ongoing assessments within the team as part of the Oceaneering Competency Management System (CMS)
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- UKAS RG2 Category 2 compatible (E)
- Minimum HNC or NVQ Level 4 (e.g. City & Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject. (E)
- Mechanical Engineering (P).
- Note: HNC in Fabrication & welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification.
- Alternatively, IEng as defined by the Eng Council (or equivalent) through a suitable Engineering Institute (refer to RG2/ RG0 Category 2 decision workflow) (E).
- (Overseas qualifications will have to be demonstrated as equivalent).
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline (P)
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- ASME or CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 2 certification (P)
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API 570 Piping Inspection (P)
- API 653 or EMMUA 159 Level 1 Tank Inspection certification, if position is for a landsite containing large storage tanks (P)
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
- Confined Space Entry training (P)
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 6 years of specific experience related to the job description (E) (Note: BP contracts minimum 8 years experience)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (E)
- Have working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding and codes associated with fabrication and construction of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
- Previous experience of coaching, mentoring and carrying out competency assessments (P)
- Ability to generate a team approach to workflow execution and problem solving (E)
- Provide leadership, co-ordination or guidance to others (E)
- Good communicator both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others (E)
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures (E)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Senior Inspection Engineer” in the subject line of your email.