Job Title: Vessel Asset Manager
Education: University degree in Mechanical and Naval Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience in relevant positions such as Naval Maintenance Engineer, Vessel Maintenance Surveyor within oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry.
- 3-5 years of international experience as Vessel Asset Manager on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
Skills and Competences:
- Capability to define and select maintenance concepts and guidelines based on the type of unit and required functionality;
- Capability to perform the criticalities and the problem solving for all aspects of vessel maintenance and relevant upgrades establishing and controlling all aids and equipment for the activity in subject. Capability to interpret vessel general requirements relevant to the activity;
- Capability to plan asset utilization in line with the business activity and grant asset availability in time as per project requirement ensuring maintenance and cyclical activities to be integrated in an overall asset utilization view;
- Knowledge of DP failure modes and consequences of any equipment failure including vessel loss of position;
- Capability to control vessel manning through proper systems, plan and elaborate the vessels POBs, manage also the operational and installation aspects of the offshore operations, including the specific services required for the scope of work;
- Knowledge of Spare Parts Management, Client Supply Chain Workflow and warehouse management principles;
- Deep understanding of the industry standard both on structural and naval aspects. Capability to ensure compliance with certifying requirements and with the briefing of specific installation / operation;
- Capability to perform technical evaluation of vendor bids with reference to Discipline items, bulk material and subcontracted work packages, according to Corporate standards and procedures;
- Capability to prepare and coordinate the preparation of Discipline technical proposal documents for Bid Projects according to Tender contractual requirements;
- Definition, knowledge ,understanding and application of HSE procedures and Project requirements for all project phases;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong managerial skills.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Plan, coordinate and control the Asset Management activities;
- Ensure the correct management, maintenance and efficiency of the assigned Engineering and Construction vessels and relevant equipment, in coordination with the various Vessel Operation Managers, by definition and monitoring of relevant investment/maintenance budgets and activities;
- Ensure the proper certifications and authorizations required for each vessel and equipment assigned;
- Coordinate the technical activities, also with proper interface with procurement, performed by the Vessel Maintenance Engineers of the area, contributing in this way to the management, maintenance and upgrade of the Engineering and Construction vessels – for this purpose guarantee proper contribution of the opportune inspections and the suitable actions in order to monitor the application of define criteria and tools;
- Verify the proper technical management of long lease vessels in the area (if any), by proper coordination with the Owner and with the involved operational functions, and by inspections on board as appropriate;
- Develop proposals for investments and relevant draft of budgets for the assigned vessels, by daily contact with the vessels themselves, and on the basis of possible operational needs for the area, for awarded projects;
- Support operational and commercial function of the area, in order to give proper contribution for the vessel utilization plan and granting proper assistance to all involved parties, in the preparation of operational project tenders, and during the performance of the projects;
- Guarantee own contribution in the performance of vessel upgrading and extraordinary maintenance projects, being involved as requested to the temporary integrated teams, created for each intervention, in order to reach agreed targets in terms of times, costs, technical, quality and safety suitability, in accordance with the project management model for the management of the extraordinary maintenance and major upgrading projects, as defined by the responsible of Engineering and Construction Vessel Management, Maintenance and Upgrading;
- Contribute to the growth of the technical know-how in the assigned area, by identification of local resources, and relevant development, also by training process to be defined with HR functions, and in coordination with the responsible of Engineering and Construction Vessel Management, Maintenance and Upgrading;
- Contribute, in the assigned area, to the development of a culture inspired by the spread of the Company best practices and the values of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment and, in general, Sustainability and by operative practices aimed at guaranteeing the effective risk and opportunity and knowledge management of the relevant activities, guaranteeing also the respect of the Company Golden Rules and Silver Guidelines.
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line