Job Title: Instrument Engineer
About The Role
PD&MS Group have a great opportunity for an experienced Azeri Instrument Engineer to join our successful and growing Engineering team based in Baku Azerbaijan on a 12-month fixed term basis.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer you will undertake engineering duties associated with the design, construction, certification and safe commissioning for both on and offshore.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, PD&MS QHSE Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project / job.
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Early identification to Lead Engineer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study.
- Production of cost-effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule.
- Production of documents and engineering design deliverables.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- Produce requisition for purchase of engineered items and services.
- Identification of increase or reduction in scope of work.
- Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer.
- Representation of PD&MS with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors in a professional manner.
- Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
This position would be well suited to an individual with some existing Instrument Engineering experience or a Graduate that has recently completed a formal scheme and looking to broaden their experience.
The successful candidate would ideally have the following competencies:
• BSc or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
• Demonstrable experience in Detailed Design Engineering
• Reasonable understanding of all Engineering disciplines
• Understanding of relevant Oil & Gas Industry Codes and Standards
• Understand the application of Autodesk Design products
• Competent in the use of MS Office applications
• Good understanding of drilling operations and maintenance activities
• Good understanding of drilling rig equipment and systems
• Survival BOSIET/FOET with CA-EBS
• Exposure to People Management
• Excellent written and spoken English