Position title: Commissioning Electrical Senior Technician
Roles and Responsibilities
- Member of a team of Electrical Technicians in Execute Phase commissioning activities during onshore construction/commissioning, offshore installation/Hookup and Commissioning and Start Up
- Lead a team of Commissioning electrical technicians, and plan and schedule daily work activities
- Completion of assigned electrical pre commissioning activities and checksheets
- To manage assigned aspects of Electrical static and dynamic commissioning as required.
- Deliver Electrical Commissioning through the System Handover Management Process
- Communicate with technician reports daily and talk through the following days activities identifying any HSSE issues to be raised at toolbox talks.
- Testing of LV & HV distribution boards and ciruits
- Testing of motor control centres, motors, stop start circuits and associated overloads
- Testing of trace heating systems and Direct Electrical Heaters
- Testing of Cathodic protection circuits and equipment
- Ex Inspection to IEC regulations
- Performing motor no load runs
- System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
- Act as Authorised Electrical Person (AEP) for voltage levels less than 1000V AC following assessment by the Responsible Electrical Person and approval by the Site Controller.
- Undertake Performing Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedures.
- ‘As Building’ Electrical documents in accordance with project procedures.
• A recognised electrical qualification from respective discipline background
• Compex trained with a valid certificate
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Proven track record of relevant commissioning experience on Electrical Systems on onshore or offshore Oil&Gas, Petro-Chemical or Power Industry facilities, and demonstrate an understanding of Commissioning process including: –
- Interpretation of Single Line Diagrams, schematics and engineering datasheets
- Ex Certification requirements and inspection to IEC regulations
- Commissioning of HV & LV electrical power, distribution and generation systems
- Control of Work / PTW processes during execution
- Commissioning of utility and process systems
- System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion.
- Competent in communicating in English language
- Deep knowledge of Electrical field equipment.
- Ability to supervise Electrical technicians
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and communicate with discipline engineers and technicians
- Ability to interpret and understand Single Line Diagrams, schematics, engineering drawings and datasheets in English.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Commissioning Electrical Senior Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.