Position: Drawing Office Manager
Main Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the direction and co-ordination of all day- to-day Fabrication Drawing Office requirements.
Supervise the Drawing Office team in the preparation and supply of Structural, Piping M&E deliverables, such as fabrication drawings and sketches in accordance with Project / Company quality procedures (in addition to ensuring fabrication drawings are in line with Yard rolling machine capabilities, where jacket fabrication is the main deliverable).
To provide quality engineering/technical support to the Fabrication Construction Team in executing and delivering projects to Clients.
Responsible for taking design concepts supplied by the Client (mainly Oil & Gas Sector) and Design Engineers, producing fabrication deliverables, as well as ensuring that drawings are production ready in terms of cost and fit for purpose
Liaising with both Clients and Subcontractors on a daily basis to problem solve any issues (multi-discipline) that may arise during construction.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and co-ordinate the day to day of multi-projects draughting and documentation requirements
- Manage draughting, materials and documentation staff, to assure production of deliverables are within time set by schedule
- Assist in compiling a schedule for planning to execute the projects (multiple projects at any given time)
- Mentor and assist with the development of draughting and documentation staff (both local to the country of Azerbaijan and any other international personnel) as required
- Ensure all drawings are stored correctly in electronic and paper format in align with company standards
- Manage the checking/approvals of all drawings issued by department
- Liaise with Quality/Planning Engineers with respect to all drawings
- Liaise with Project Engineers with respect to all deliverables (multiple projects / clients running in parallel)
- Production of bill of materials for projects which are fabricator supply & to follow closely the purchase of these items to ensure they are in align with requirements (in some case re-engineering/adapting to suit supply changes)
- Produce SOW’S for Sub-Contractor in alignment with machining civil works, bolt torqueing, subcontract steelwork, grating etc.
- Ensure all Drawing Office team recognize, are familiar with and work to Company and/or Industry Standards
- Work closely with the Engineering and Construction Team to develop solutions which will assist fabrication.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with Company QA & HSE requirements and procedures.
- Ensure no work is produced out with the scope of original budget without approval
- Participate in Quality Audits (both internal & client).
- Multi-tasking & problem solving between several different projects at any given time
Ideally a Degree or equivalent in mechanical Engineering / Product engineering etc. (Not Essential) / ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
A solid background in mechanical engineering and design is essential with experience in the following areas: –
- Computer with relevant software (2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks)
- Design and development of concepts and products from initial concept to production
- Range of manufacturing techniques including: – Jacket construction ,Topside contruction ,Subsea structures , Pressure vessels and all associated mechanical , structural & piping areas within these groups in addition to T&I
- Knowledge of international codes & standards such as; EEMUA, API, BS, GOST & ASME etc.
- Communication & diplomacy skills in English (written and oral)
- Competent in AutoCAD/Solidworks packages
- Proven experience of using draughting packages
- Proficient in Microsoft packages Office Suite (word/excel/PowerPoint/project planning etc.)
- SAP experience would be an advantage
- Experience of Managing a Team
- Minimum 20 years Oil and Gas related experience; draughting / checking / supervision, primarily employed in the fabrication yards (Also design experience advantages)
- Good understanding of fabrication techniques
- Conduct meetings with clients & subcontractors for ongoing projects, future tender projects, project specifications & documentation
Specific personal character traits desirable for the role
The desired candidate will be extremely organized, able to work independently to meet deadlines as well as having a methodical, systematic approach to tasks with good attention to detail.
Also with but not limited to the following attributes:-
- Team Player/Friendly/Outgoing
- Strong character.
- Positive Outlook
- Attention to detail with a high level accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and well organised
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative on problem solving
Please send your CV to [email protected]by indicating the position title (Drawing Office Manager) in the subject line of your email.