Position title: Area Authority
Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
- Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary.
- Liaising closely with the PA when planning PTWs, to ensure that the task description is clear and all appropriate hazards and controls have been identified after a worksite inspection.
- Ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task.
- Ensuring any Affected Area Authorities are made aware of the proposed task and that the PTW is countersigned.
- Confirming that the PA fully understands the scope of the task before PTW issue.
- Approval of energy isolation design and ensuring all isolations are applied and removed in the correct sequence.
- Control of all SIMOPS with their area.
- Ensuring that regular worksite inspections are carried out during shift to confirm that the activity ongoing is within the task description and that all mentioned control measures remain in place.
- Ensuring, when required, specific gas testing requirements have been performed by an Authorised Gas Tester, and that PTW are only issued when gas testing has proven the area is within acceptable limits.
- Ensuring all PTW certificates are correctly cross referenced upon PTW issue and completion.
• A recognised qualification from respective discipline background or a proven track record
• RoSPA & CPD Approved Certificate(s) is an added advantage
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Proven track record of relevant control of work experience in a commissioning environment on onshore or offshore Oil & Gas, Petro-Chemical or Power Industry facilities.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of Commissioning process.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be a distinct advantage.
- Competent in communicating in English language.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and communicate with discipline engineers and technicians
- Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings in English.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Area Authority” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.