Position Title: Commissioning Instrument Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Instrument Commissioning Technicians in executing commissioning activities in order to deliver Topsides, Drilling & LQ facilities in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule.
- Lead by example – you are a role model
- Be visible – be seen to be always doing the right thing
- Take an interest in the workforce, promote and praise good behaviour, have quality conversations and listen to the Team’s concerns
- Be actively involved, in the site safety systems, including but not limited to:
- Site Management Safety walk through
- Risk assessments
- Risk Assess It, Talk It, Check It (RTC)
- Permit to Work (PTW)
- Incident reporting and investigation
- Safety Observation and Conversation (SOC)
- Behavioural Observation safety System (BOSS)
- Provide HSE Leadership and work with the contractor to deliver fully on CLIENT ’s expectations on HSE.
- Control of ‘As Building’ documents in accordance with project procedure.
- Responsible for raising of Instrument discipline LUNs and ensuring that all work carried out on Live Systems is completed under a Permit to Work.
- Responsible for issuing RFDC for Instrument systems.
- Provide Technical input to Site queries and review of all Instrument changes.
- Coordinate Vendor call offs in accordance with construction and commissioning schedule ensuring Vendors are mobilised when required and are aware and understand the safe working practices of the site and receive all the necessary site specific safety training.
- Attend tri-party and bi-party walkdowns with Construction and Operation. Raise/agree appropriate punch items and progress them to closure
- Attending project meetings as required.
- Identify Instrument temporary system requirements for commissioning
- Providing engineering assistance to the construction contractor for resolution of instrument issues, etc.
- Witnessing and approving site acceptance tests.
- Review and acceptance of contractor supplied procedures and activities for installation of all Instrument equipment at all site locations.
- Responsible for the compilation of relevant Commissioning Test Procedures (CTP) for the Instrument systems.
- Understand CLIENT ’s competency guidelines for IEC 61511
- Responsible for the execution of all relevant work-scopes detailed within the CTP’s.
- Compilation of all necessary reports as/when required.
- Ensuring all Instrument commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures
- Encourage development of Azerbaijani National personnel
- Provide advice, coaching and training of Azerbaijani National personnel
- Act as a Performing Authority within Project’s Permit To Work Procedures.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION /QUALIFICATIONS.
- Educated to Degree Level or technical diploma.
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience of construction and commissioning of instrument systems and equipment packages including knowledge of associated codes and practices.
- Experience of static and dynamic commissioning during Hydrocarbon live phase of a project
- Similar experience on a greenfield project
- Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Commissioning cross-discipline teams, Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
- Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site commissioning activities.
- Deep understanding of CLIENT Construction & Commissioning Defined Practices for both Greenfield and Brownfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction/commissioning quality.
- Cross discipline technical and commissioning awareness would be a distinct advantage
CV submission closing date is 29th of July 2021.
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]