Position: Lead Methods Engineer
- Provide engineering solutions and be capable of their implementation of the build of heavy offshore structures specifically associated with temporary supports, multi crane heavy lifts, transportation (multi wheel trailers), jacket roll ups, load-out and mooring and civil foundations.
- Leadership and Supervision of engineering personnel and liaison with Construction personnel during major construction operations,
- Participation in Site Survey activities to determine particular scope prior to (or during) engineering design
- Supervise team in preparation and co-ordination of the supply of engineering deliverables such as design reports, method statements and drawings.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Ensure that deliverables are prepared and checked in accordance with engineering quality procedures.
- Ensure design complies with relevant codes of practice, company procedures and safety regulations.
- Assist in preparation of resource estimates
- Assist in maintaining plan and deliverable schedules.
- Participate in Quality Audits
- Attend client and interface meetings as required.
- Assist in the guidance and training of junior staff.
- Recognised Hon Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering,
- Excellent English communication skills (written & spoken),
- Significant civil and structural engineering skills.
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in the Steel Construction or Oil & Gas Industry (minimum of 3 years in a Methods engineering supervisory position in a multi-cultural environment).
- Proven supervision experience.
- Good understanding of fabrication / construction techniques, particularly Jacket Structures
- Knowledge of international codes and standards such as ISO, API, DNV, AISC, AWS, UBC
- Working knowledge of analysis / design software such as StaadPro and SACS.
- Experience in participating in Quality Audits
Please send your CV to [email protected]by indicating the position title (Lead Methods Engineer) in the subject line of your email.