Position title: Lead Planning Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all planning activity for the project Topsides Fabrication scope and support the Delivery Manager and project Planning Team Lead to achieve contract objectives
- Ensure key planning deliverables are developed, maintained, assessed, and communicated.
- Perform “what if” and/or risked scheduling scenarios (as required) in order to recover schedule deviations along with assisting with development of alternative work sequences
- Provide experience-based estimates for best-case, most-likely, and worst-case activity durations as inputs to schedule risk analysis (SRA) activities
- Actively observe, assess, evaluate, and determine construction activities first-hand to ensure satisfactory execution progress in accordance with the project schedule
- Ensure that actual progress data are incorporated into the company Live Schedule
- Lead 6-monthly planning input to MCEs including bottoms-up review of the schedule, applying an overview to the contractor’s schedule or re-base lining if deemed necessary.
- Lead site team discussions regarding planning and progress
- Ensure compliance with the company planning and scheduling practices and procedures
- Work with the Contractor Lead Planning Engineers to ensure contract deliverables are received, to close any gaps which have been identified against the contract Project Coordination Procedures and to assess / verify reported progress by physical observation.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in engineering / science / economics
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Strong commitment to HSSE.
- Experience working in Cat A projects within GPO with a strong track record of delivery.
- Sound background and experience in major projects planning processes.
- Advanced influencing and communication skills in English language.
- Able to create a performance culture that is designed to deliver success.
- Ability to produce good quality written reports and summary presentations – able to communicate clarity from complexity.
- Experience working with large contractor organizations.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Experience performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title“Lead Planning Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.