POSITION: Vibration Engineer
- Carry out or review as appropriate, quantitative assessments, to determine the likelihood of failure due to vibration (or potential) issues for main lines, and associated items such as small bore connections and thermowells.
- Carry out or review as appropriate, of potential vibration issues highlighted by the client or from ongoing inspection activities, which require further investigation, as well as any resulting qualitative assessments.
- Create vibration plans (including annual surveys and ad hoc ones).
- Carry out critical vibration related assessment to client’s plant of operation and be in a position to advise the consequences from the results of the assessment.
- Create workpacks in accordance with client policies and procedures.
- Execute planned or ad hoc work as required, utilising appropriate techniques (including visual and specific vibration measurement) in regards to vibration survey and condition based monitoring.
- Carry out a detailed analysis of the survey /monitoring results utilising appropriate techniques and equipment or review of the results if done by a vibration contractor.
- Issue technical reports, which include findings and any analysis to the client.
- Track all vibration anomalies (within OISL/client database) and ensure the appropriate remedial action is identified.
- Attend relevant third party/client meetings and document these meetings.
- Manage any vibration contractors where required including ensuring the specialist vibration measurement techniques if applied are appropriate where applicable
- Carry out third party briefings pre and post site visits and document.
- Advise and source the equipment needed to carry out current work as well as expand work portfolio.
- Devise Method Statements for clarity of vibration equipment installation and methodology of the testwork
- Manage OISL vibration equipment, including maintaining a log of equipment usage, and ensuring equipment is suitable for use, within specification and calibration.
- Mentor junior staffs to ensure that they meet their expected level of competency.
- Manage day to day running of department to ensure the corporate objectives are meet.
- Create work procedures and other essential documents to meet corporate requirements.
- Be a Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for all of client’s vibration issues.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Degree in Engineering related discipline (e.g. mechanical/structural) (E)
- Relevant vibration analysis training (P)
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 36 months of experience specifically of field vibration measurements (pipe work or machinery) (E)
- Knowledge of the EI guidelines (AVIFF) including its Technical modules T5, T6, T7, T10, T11, T12 & T13. (P)
- Knowledge of fatigue assessment in accordance to BS7608 (P)
- Knowledge of Thermowell Resonance (E)
- Knowledge of the common causes of vibration in the oil/gas sector (Mechanical Excitation, Pulsation, Acoustic VIFF etc. (E)
- In the longer term to be familiar with the whole Energy Institute guidelines document. (E)
- Ability to work in a team to solving problems and be a good communicator, both written and verbal (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- Asset Management packages (P). If no previous experience, training must be completed in a timely manner. (P)
- Vibration Analysis package e.g. SKF/Bentley Nevada/CSI, Smart Office, ME scope etc. (P)
- Engineering analysis software e.g. Bentley PULS, CAESAR II, ANSYS, etc. (P)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
Please note that candidates are requested to send their CVs to [email protected]