Job Title: Engineering Manager
Education: Master’s degree in Structural, Civil, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years of international experience as Engineering Manager / Lead within oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry, in particular – jacket installation, pipeline installation, umbilical cable lay, heavy lifts;
- Minimum 7-10 years of international experience as Offshore Methods, Field, Installation Engineer on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
Skills and Competences:
- Knowledge of Discipline engineering design criteria, methods and workflows from conceptual phase up to site engineering phase. Capability to define the technical documents set based on Project quantities and scope of work. Capability to perform and coordinate Project engineering documents production activities and to check and review design documents, prepared either internally or by Vendors. Capability to manage all the interdisciplinary reviews needed to define and optimize the concerned engineering system.
- Knowledge of main international Discipline standards, codes and regulations. Capability to analyse dedicated Project requirements in terms of local standards and codes and to identify proper implementation actions;
- Knowledge of fabrication, installation, construction, precommissioning and commissioning processes with reference to own discipline;
- Capability to plan discipline engineering activities and documentation deliverables in order to meet Project schedule milestones considering design workflows and engineering interfaces with all other project disciplines and functions. Capability to manage dynamic changes due to endogenous and exogenous factors;
- Capability to monitor project activity progress and to prevent potential issues with appropriate corrective actions. Contribute to Project reporting for the relevant engineering part;
- Capability to monitor and control the engineering progress and schedule Contribute to Project reporting for the relevant engineering part.
- Capability to estimate Discipline Work Orders and Bid Projects engineering man-hours budget based on the Project quantities and scope of work according to Corporate standards, procedures, methods and tools. Capability to estimate Discipline items costs budget based on Project quantities and technical requirements according to Corporate standards, procedures, methods and tools. Capability to monitor the relevant activity progress and the actual manhours spent vs the earned progress;
- Capability to support the Project management functions in individuating and documenting any potential changes and variation orders to be potentially presented to Client for acceptance;
- Capability to perform technical evaluation of vendor bids with reference to Discipline items, bulk material and subcontracted work packages, according to Corporate standards and procedures;
- Capability to prepare and coordinate the preparation of Discipline technical proposal documents for Bid Projects according to Tender contractual Requirements;
- Capability to keep under control the budget of the Vendors site assistance and manage the vendors at Site;
- User level knowledge of Corporate and Operating Center Discipline technical design software tools. User level knowledge of Corporate and Operating Center IT tools supporting business processes such as electronic document system management, procurement and office automation applications;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong managerial skills.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Lead and follow the evolution of the technologies characterizing the company business in order to increase own competitiveness;
- Grant suitable tools and resources to satisfy business needs and requirements;
- Manage the overall resources, ensuring appropriate training in line with each career development path;
- Grant technological competences for each product line, ensure the quality of the deliverables and the department efficiency, also in financial terms;
- Maintain a closed network with equivalent entities of other engineering companies;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of work instructions for own discipline/s or process/es;
- Promote the optimization of technical and work processes and the adoption of performance indicators;
- Ensure a high standard level of design activities by updating design methodologies (criteria, standard, software);
- Ensure/optimize resource allocation and tools for each department;
- Validate manhours and schedule for own discipline;
- Ensure, either directly or through the Technical Manager, that the discipline and process leaders concur in meeting project budget and schedule;
- Ensure, either directly or through the Technical Manager, that the discipline and process leaders concur in properly identifying potential technical variations during project execution;
- Ensure, either directly or through the Technical Manager, that the technical risks of own discipline or process are properly addressed during project execution;
- Establish a network of potential engineering subcontractors for own discipline or process to face peaks of workload;
- Organise review meetings for own team;
- Manage the selection and the individual development plan for each resource under own responsibility and organise proper training programs for own staff;
- Ensure the capitalisation of project experiences in order to improve and harmonize work methodologies through continuous improvement and best practices.
Moreover, the Corporate Function shall:
- Ensure suitable actions of address, coordination and methodological and operational control towards the corresponding functions present within the Operating Companies and branches;
- Ensure that corporate guidelines and procedures are constantly updated promoting their full observance and correct application within the company and own subsidiaries;
- Contribute to the development of a culture inspired by the diffusion of the company best practices and by operative practices aimed at ensuring the appropriate risk and knowledge management of all relevant activities.
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line.