Position: ICSS Engineer
Discipline ICT Engineer, responsible for the management of the Technical building, Controls & Telecoms packages. The ICT Engineer shall possess extensive worldwide experience, gained on an array of control and safety projects within the Oil and Gas industry, focused on engineering, construction and commissioning.
Must be accustomed with project deliverables associated with all aspects of Instrumentation, Control & Telecommunications systems, understanding the quality and technical requirements of contracts and ensuring smooth transition and continuity between all project phases.
Shall be a competent technical lead, possessing the ability to diagnose, conceptualize and resolve engineering issues, and efficiently support the engineering, readiness and execution phases of a project.
Must possess proven experience of FEED & Detail design Engineering, supported by cumulative years of construction/commissioning roles within overseas fabrication yard locations.
Familiar with international codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO, IEC, etc.) and marine classification societies’ rules and regulations.
- Discipline Package Lead for the Technical building, Controls & Telecoms packages.
- Provide Engineering management of the Telecoms System Integrator for the security, design, performance of computer networks, and the integration of all telecom services and devices
- Apply telecommunication principles to specify and select various equipment including PAGA, telephone, CCTV, radio & satellite systems.
- Responsible to verify Telecommunication Engineering deliverables such as Design Basis, Specifications for telecommunication systems and fiber optic cables, system block diagrams, datasheets, etc.
- Provide Engineering management of the Technical building supplier for the structural design and the integration of all Telecom, HVAC, F&G, services and devices and Package UCP’s.
- Co-ordinate with other Engineering disciplines and review deliverables
- Develop control system and telecommunication systems architecture
- Provide inputs and review detailed drawings such as SP3D model, location plans, cable routing layout, instrument/device installation, process / pneumatic hook-up, interconnection diagram, loop diagram, segment diagrams, wiring diagram, etc. prepared by instrument designers
- Supervise and guide instrument engineers and designers in preparing project deliverables, maintain change request, carryout man hour estimation and recruitment personnel if required.
- Attend meetings with client / vendor and clarify their queries as applicable
- Reviewing various Instruments / Control system / Telecommunication system vendors offer, prepare technical clarification and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation report
- Provide Engineering management of the Telecoms System Integrator for the security, design, performance of computer networks, and the integration of all telecom services and devices.
- Identifying improvements to the project and healthcare procedures
- More than 15 years of relevant experience with engineering design, construction and integration of ICT systems.
- Experienced in managing engineering packages and contractors/vendors, fabrication yards and in delivering, integration, testing and commissioning of ICT systems/equipment.
- Relevant recognized qualifications – Minimum HND in discipline or reflective industry experience.
- Preference: Strong background in Oil and Gas operations with solid offshore experience.
- Demonstrated a Technical and operational input during Detailed Design, Construction and Commissioning.
Please send your CV to [email protected]by indicating the position title (ICSS Engineer) in the subject line of your email.