Job Title: Mgr Prin-Business Development
Under broad direction, is the lead person for all BD resources in the geographical area. Helps establish the strategic direction in an assigned geographical area with a revenue scope typically in the range of $400 – 700 M. Maintains an overview of the market and marketing of the company and works with the BD and Account Teams to identify opportunities and grow profitable revenue and a balanced portfolio suited for the market conditions. Responsible for developing and maintaining profitable relationships with both existing clients and potential customers, typically from a mid level Manager up to an Exec level manager. Serves as a liaison with Halliburton counterparts on cross-PSL opportunities. Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, marketing, engineering, or similar disciplines and 15-20 years of related sales experience. Movement into this position requires the approval of the Hemisphere Sr. Vice President as well as the Sr. Vice President of BD and Marketing.
• Manages and directs the Business Development team activities for assigned geographic area
• Maintains overview of the assigned market and provide strategic and long term perspective of opportunities
• Responsible for ensuring sufficient backlog of work to meet company business targets
• Ensures Account Leader and Account Team activities are supporting revenue, growth and profit targets
• Compiles annual and long term BD revenue plans and directs BD efforts to match
• Responsible for BD manpower and cost planning and meeting assigned cost / resource targets
• Responsible for compliance with and maintenance of BD HMS processes
• Responsible for BD staff recruitment and employee development
• Directly supervises tenders and contract negotiations with assigned customer
• Works to continually improve receivables
Job role is independently accountable for a large staff or support arm of the organization or a single profit/loss or revenue center, major product line, or support function.
With general autonomy: a large part of communications with a supervisor or manager relates to major projects or department goals. Responsibility to management centers on the status of department/functional objectives and decisions can impact an entire department/function.
Supervisory Responsibility of Job
Supervises others either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Coordinates diverse activities within a functional area.
Plans work and administers policies.
Field of Study/Degree: BUS-Administration
Education Category: Business
Experience: 10+ Years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Should be a good personal relationship builder, communicator and motivator with an open mind and optimistic outlook.
Reasonable knowledge of common and local industry contracting standards, financial planning and analysis skills.
Motor Vehicle Licensure
Non-Commercial Driver’s License required.
No exposure to safety hazards as the work environment is relatively free of hazards and there are not physically demanding aspects of the job.
Physical Demand Statement
S-Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Mgr Prin-Business Development) in the subject line of your email.